2nd kitchen

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
neo0.

2nd kitchen

Post by neo0. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm

The final scene will have much more in it, im just trying to get the basic lighting sorted out first.

Rener time so far is 16 hours.

When smoothign the water, I turned off normal smoothing and only used coplaner smoothing....
Attachments
im1221607448.png
im1221607448.png (943.87 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi Ne0!!!
Potentially interesting work, this one! I give you some hints about lighting, if that's what you're really aiming for, at the moment..keep in mind that i don't want to teach: it's just my opinions! :D
I think the lighting will be far more effective if you put an indirect source light to the right, out of the field of view: with it, you'll achieve some blueish light on the now darkest part of the image, so more details should pop out!
Another thing to do is probably to add a few light sources besides the natural one coming from the windows: a lamp, some point lights... This will be able to warm your general feeling up, and moreover you can play with light tones to achieve the most correct light result.

I think will be interesting to follow this: keep it up! :D :D

Pibuz

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am

NeoO,
You definitely improved your skills. Good job!

You need to check the dimensions on the kitchen counter though. It should be higher than it is wide.

In metrical dimensions,the counter should be about 90 cm high and the top about 60 cm wide.
Usually at the bottom of the counter there is a 'plint' (Sorry only know the dutch word. a recessed footboard?) so you don't bump your feet against the counter while working.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1