Heinkel He 64 Aircraft

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
phantom xXx

Heinkel He 64 Aircraft

Post by phantom xXx » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 am

Well this is my first real project that is originally was thinked for the game x-plane but since I love indigo I really wanted to do some renders of it.
the model itself is still in development and textures have to be made but i couldn't wait to render it.
The only thing I can say is finished is the propeller :).
Well can you give me some tips with material and light setup. I have only searched in google about some cloud images and made an .exr file of one map so this isnt really hdr.
Attachments
he_64.png
The model and material setup isnt finished
he_64.png (523.5 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:06 am

I like the vibrnt colors. it gives it a "toon shaded" look.

phantom xXx

Post by phantom xXx » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:53 pm

thanks. but I wanted to do a real looking plane can You give me some tips how to make it more real looking?

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:22 pm

1. More detail
2. Textures, not just... white & red secpular materials. (the material database holds some nice paint materials, maybe you can modify one of them to suit your needs)
3. Are you sure the wood texture is appropriate?
4. Model a proper cockpit. Right now there is no hole in the fuselage.
5. For a nicer looking HDR map, you may want to look here :
http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unf ... =exclusive
In fact the first one on that page would look great in your scene I think.
6. Maybe provide us with the pictures you used as reference so that we can compare with the real thing and give you more accurate comments.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

phantom xXx

Post by phantom xXx » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

so first I say thanks to all the tips :D

1. Jeah I know the model isnt finished yet and maybe i will do some displacemapping for the engine hood.
2. Jeah I said that in the 1 post I will do that if the model is fully finished because I dont know how to do UV-mapping with mirrored meshes(in Blender)
3. Since the original plane is a wooden plane and the propeller as well ;). I think it looks pretty. How would you make it?
4. Well I'm not an experienced modeller and its for sure the most difficult part on the plane I will do that at last I think.
5. Jeah I searched for something like that long time thank you.
6. I have a good site from my dad (not to make ads ;)) It's the best site for that plane on the net;). There are much Photos to compare. its www.he64.org
I used blueprints from there: http://peanut.scale.free.fr/3v-he64.htm
but I also want to adust it to the orginals but they are of a museum and i remember that i am not allowed to give them to the public.

So I hope the misspellings wont make you to suicide :)

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:43 pm

For the fuselage (spelling?) texture, you might want to use something besides a solid color. Most planes has some sort of insignia, emblem, and scatches etc. To make scrachtes in photoshop, you can add noise, play with the levels, and then finally add some motion blur.

Maybe add some more detail on the wheels. and on the wings.

EDIT, borgleader, those HDRs look nice but they all have a huige black stripe on the bottom. That could result in any reflective materials turning black..

6 posts • Page 1 of 1