Tachikoma

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
forgeflow

Tachikoma

Post by forgeflow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

I've opened up my old Tachikoma object made in Cinema 4D 9.5, dusted it off, and decided to see what Indigo can do with it. First thing I was shocked to find was that some of the object deformers I had used didn't translate to C4D 11.5, and I had to export the object in polygon form from an older version before I could start working on it in 11.5. Then I set about trying to recreate the somewhat fanciful material setups from C4D (lots of non-physical "magic" with the shaders) in Indigo's material system. I also brushed up some of the geometry, being sure to bevel all "sharp" edges a little to better catch the light, and adding a little detail here and there to help with an impression of scale.

Still trying to decide on what kind of environment the little guy should be in. I'm thinking industrial warehouse, or perhaps a machine shop setting. Yeah, I kind of overcooked the blue paint, but I like it. :)
Tachikoma_prelim.jpg
Tachikoma_prelim.jpg (147.59 KiB) Viewed 3366 times

OnoSendai
Developer

Re: Tachikoma

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Woo, great stuff!
I'm a big fan of GITS!

Not sure if you're after crits, but I think your metal material is a bit wrong - it has a diffuse component that metals shouldn't have.

benn

Re: Tachikoma

Post by benn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Super beautiful :D

3 posts • Page 1 of 1