how would you like to see this forum improved?

This forum is for discussing the Indigo Website, The community, its organization and the online tools/resources.
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
xrok1

how would you like to see this forum improved?

Post by xrok1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 pm

this is a thread to give our thoughts to the moderators, hopefully some of our ideas will help shape this community and improve things for people that want to be a little more serious. i'm sure that ono and the others have better things to do than babysit so lets laydown some rules of respect for ourselves, and continue to remind others.

so lets come up with some ideas and post them here. please only positive comments.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:39 pm

1) The chat window should be included into the Forum view, and have a longer history!
I'm sure a lot of people would like to see this too...

2) eMail messages for postings in Threads you are subscribed to (just as before the issues with the site)

3) Better Gallery administration...
atm you only can upload you pictures to your gallery OR to the new uploads pool.
earlier the admin (radiance?!) cross linked the Images...
polygonmanufaktur.de

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 pm

maybe the person who starts a thread should be able to delete posts in their own thread; or better yet have some sort of radio buttons on each post and if say 4 unique members click them the post is automatically deleted. shouldn't be too hard with php?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:19 pm

behave.

There is a place for fun !

I suggest that when someone does OT it has to move the conversation quickly to an appropriate thread, I saw excessive stuff today. Behaving would be one telling self "ok, let's move now" before we reach today's issue. And many people saying "way before today's issue" I heard. Ask yourself before posting ! We users are responsible of the forums, that means you are also responsible. Bring positive stuff, on topic, and if at a certain point you want to OT way too far, tell the guy you are following the OT discussion in the Off Topic forum and roule la vie !

Ok that was not a suggestion, just a reaction. Peace !

- - - -

I like ZomB sugg. n°1, but practically you can expand the chat in one window and navigate the forums with another one. The site structure is ok to me, don't make it worse that's it ;)

Oh, and we (users) still need wikizers (coz me lazy bwah) !

*edited
obsolete asset

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:04 am

The Wiki's open for ANYONE...
So, every User == Wikizer ;)

I started a thread, about that, but the replies where minimal.

____

Ok, currently, I like the following suggestions:

ZomB - chatbox
xrok1 - radiobutton, but I think, 4 isn't enough...
(except, it's not auto delete, but kinda a modwide message "4 users requested to delete this post" and the mods have to decide.
Else, if there are some not very nice users, (which currently isn't the case, hopefully), or some press a button by accident ( I think, I hit such a "bad post" button, twice, by accident, when I wanted to quote some stuff), the post would get deleted for more or less no reason...

neepneep
Indigo 100

Post by neepneep » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 am

how about an ignore button (a red one) so people can do their lurking in peace.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:49 am

ppl ignore or post ignore?
ppl ignore wouldn't b too intelligent, as even the worst spammers sometimes say something useful...

neepneep
Indigo 100

Post by neepneep » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 am

Kram1032 wrote:ppl ignore or post ignore?
ppl ignore wouldn't b too intelligent, as even the worst spammers sometimes say something useful...
I wouldn't ignore anyone but there are people out there who I'm sure could use such a thing.

------------

I would also like to see a 'Report to Moderator' button which would make the mods' jobs easier. If someone disagrees with a posting then that person can just click the 'Report Post' button and the section moderator would be alerted to the post and he can then decide what to do with the post without everyone bugging out over it.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:54 am

yes but in order to reduce post abuses you are going to use a system wich can be abused too; better to have active moderation, my 2 cents.
obsolete asset

Conz

Post by Conz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:07 am

Hi,
my first post. I would suggest to place a link to register and to login inside the Forum. Not only on the webpage.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:12 am

why? usually, ppl come on the homepage, first...

Welcome, Conz :)

Conz

Post by Conz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:22 am

I'm a reader in this forum for some days, but never created an account. But now i found a bug in indigo, but searched for "hours" to register. ;)
With a click on "post" i found a way to register. But that was not intuitive.

With the link in the registration mail I jumped to the webpage and discovered the possibility to login. :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:39 pm

In my opinion that's a very good advice, Conz. I hope the :mrgreen: webmaster :mrgreen: will read you. Welcome !
obsolete asset

gautxori

resizing posted renders, so...

Post by gautxori » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:23 am

i'd suggest to resize renders when uploaded, so they're not too big (creating a thumbnail, or sth, about 640x480 max). It's very unconfortable having to slide the displacement bars to read the topics in a monitor at a res of 1024x

14 posts • Page 1 of 1