No Render settings menu

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
caribarch

No Render settings menu

Post by caribarch » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I am using Mac OS X version 10.6.3 and just installed the software and going through the tutorial but cannot find the render settings menu. I clicked on the camera and it selects but no menu shows up. I when through the plug-ins menu and found it there but when it selects again no menu shows up. The materials editor menu seems to work fine though as well as the "Render with Indigo".
Am I just overlooking something?

Whaat
Developer

Re: No Render settings menu

Post by Whaat » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 pm

caribarch wrote:I am using Mac OS X version 10.6.3 and just installed the software and going through the tutorial but cannot find the render settings menu. I clicked on the camera and it selects but no menu shows up. I when through the plug-ins menu and found it there but when it selects again no menu shows up. The materials editor menu seems to work fine though as well as the "Render with Indigo".
Am I just overlooking something?
Hi! Welcome to Indigo!

This sounds quite strange. Can you please open the Ruby Console Window prior to clicking on the 'camera' icon and report any error messages that are displayed.

Also, have you tried another SKP file? Do you have the same problem regardless of the SKP file you are using?

L_S

Post by L_S » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi,

I am also having this problem. When I click the camera icon it changes to a darker gray suggesting it is open but no window pops up. I have tried it with a few sketchup files and it's not working with any of them.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:39 pm

L_S wrote:Hi,

I am also having this problem. When I click the camera icon it changes to a darker gray suggesting it is open but no window pops up. I have tried it with a few sketchup files and it's not working with any of them.
Try clicking the 'camera' icon with the ruby console window open. Are there any error messages in the console when you click the button?

L_S

Post by L_S » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:54 pm

There's a long message in the Ruby Console. I have no idea what it means but it says:

Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /Applications/Indigo/Indigo.app/Contents/Resources/SUthumbnails>
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399:in `mkdir'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399:in `thumbnail_path'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2547:in `loadValuesFromSU'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2444:in `refresh_dialog'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2453:in `show'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:768:in `render_settings'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:514
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:1515:in `call'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:1515
Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /Applications/Indigo/Indigo.app/Contents/Resources/SUthumbnails>
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399:in `mkdir'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399:in `thumbnail_path'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2547:in `loadValuesFromSU'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2444:in `refresh_dialog'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/skindigo.rb:2422:in `initialize'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399:in `call'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/SkIndigo/IndigoRenderSettings.rb:399

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Any progress on this? This is really annoying...

I get this error also:

Code: Select all

Does this mean the permissions need to be opened on that file for the current user?
(If so I will let the admin know)

Note: This issue might be related to the indigo version?

Cheers.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi,
People who are having this problem, can you please post your Indigo version?
Thanks,
nick

L_S

Post by L_S » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 am

Indigo Renderer v2.4.11, OS X 64-bit build.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Another question for you guys is:

is this a new problem? Have you had previous versions of Indigo/SkIndigo that were working properly?

L_S

Post by L_S » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:04 pm

We have had a previous version - the render settings function worked fine on that one.
And I havent been able to seen the render settings menu with this version at all

johnk

Post by johnk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I was also having this problem.
A MacPro are running OSX 10.6.4 with Indigo 2.4.13 and Sketchup 8.0.3161.
Everything was freshly installed today.

I looked in the console log and saw a bunch o what looked like permissions problems....
12/12/10 9:36:57 PM [0x0-0x19c19c].com.google.sketchupfree8[6570] #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /Applications/Indigo/Indigo.app/Contents/Resources/renders>
I opened up the permissions on everything within the /Applications/Indigo directory and now my render settings come up.
(I know this isn't an ideal solution but it worked for me)
I hope this helps..

johnk

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:48 am

My understanding was that this issue was resolved in the final stable version of Indigo 2.4.

12 posts • Page 1 of 1