List of adjustments?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
cholme@me.com

List of adjustments?

Post by cholme@me.com » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Hello,

I am very new at Indigo and don't know entirely understand it.

Is there a place that I can see all the settings and what they do? Nothing seems very intuitive... phong, oren-nayar? Light layers? How do they all relate to real world things?

I really want to be able to create great renders, but it is a little overwhelming.

Thanks,

Chris

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: List of adjustments?

Post by Pibuz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Take a look at the SkIndigo FAQ topic.
It should be a good starting point for new users, although not very up-to-date with newer issues.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 pm

How about giving the 45 pages strong skindigo manual a chance??!
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sites/def ... manual.pdf
polygonmanufaktur.de

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 am

to get your feet 'wet', try pressing the UI button to switch to a VERY simplified UI system. You can make amazing renders without ever using the more advanced UI.

cholme@me.com

Post by cholme@me.com » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

I must have been looking in the wrong place and never saw the manual; thanks for the link. :) I still don't entirely understand the "light layers" and the manual doesn't seem to explain what they are for.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sat May 01, 2010 2:59 pm

From someone who likes things clean and simple :)

Light layers are like photoshop layers, basically. What happens is when you make your emitting material (under emitter attributes

Any object that is assigned this emitting material will be assigned whatever light layer you set it to. This is kind of like photoshop where you choose what layer you put new things on. Once you load up indigo, you can adjust all your layers independently. So, say, you have a large light on the top of your scene and it is too bright? You can simply bring down the intensity.

===========

Phong is for anything shiny (which I admit is most things). Say your floor is shiny, you can go with a phong material. IOR makes the material more reflective, while exponent controls how smooth those reflections are. Lower exponent means blurrier reflections.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1