SkIndigo 1.1.12

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:36 pm

crojack wrote:This works good

http://box.net/
OK, I uploaded the preview scenes to Box.net. (seems like a good service). See link in first post.

Thanks crojack!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:53 am

Hi Whaat!
So glad that the site is back now: i can't wait to test skindigo new features! :D :D :D
So, i attach a sample scene to prove you my problem: everything is okay as long as i don't insert any groups or components in the scene. In the one i attach it's all simple geometry excepted a cube, that is a grouped entity. If I hide it everything works fine, if I unhide it the export process doesn't work any more.. don't know why...
If you can find out what causes this problem i could begin testing the new skindigo, but as always take your time, no hurry buddy :D

Greets from Pibuz!
Attachments
export error.rar
(21.17 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

crojack

Post by crojack » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:47 am

Glad you could use the Box service, it seems to work pretty well for files, no waiting times or hoops to jump through.

I've been playing around with the new release, and I'm not sure if you are working on a tut, but I think it would be well received. Some things I'm not understanding.

First I like the emission panel, very easy to use, and the ability to preview them is great.

What I can't seem to find though is where I set the material for a map; bump/disp/clip, etc.

I see the drop down with the three choices, but if I choose Sketchup or External under bump, where do I go to choose which material to use as a bump?
(I'm sure I'm staring right at it but if somebody could help, that would be very much appreciated!)

Also, as you can see in the image below, I think the preview is wrong.
You can see the settings I gave it and I hit preview and got something that looks very much like a light.
Is this a bug?

Rafaello

Post by Rafaello » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:26 am

Hi Whaat, there is a problem with the SUPreviews download link in box.net:

Access to the URL has been denied!
Warning: The content of this website is part of a unwanted category: Malware

Requested URL: h_t_t_p://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box_download_s ... idi9tn0zop

Can you upload the file in other place?

Thanks

Rafaello

crojack

Post by crojack » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:28 am

That sounds like some sort of virus protection or something on your end,
it works fine for me, I just tried it.

Rafaello

Post by Rafaello » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 am

Yes the problem was in the antivirus ( at least I know is a good one)
thanks.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:51 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Whaat!
So glad that the site is back now: i can't wait to test skindigo new features! :D :D :D
So, i attach a sample scene to prove you my problem: everything is okay as long as i don't insert any groups or components in the scene. In the one i attach it's all simple geometry excepted a cube, that is a grouped entity. If I hide it everything works fine, if I unhide it the export process doesn't work any more.. don't know why...
If you can find out what causes this problem i could begin testing the new skindigo, but as always take your time, no hurry buddy :D

Greets from Pibuz!
There's some bugs in this version that I will fix this weekend.

To all: Please remember to post error messages in the Ruby Console Window when you encounter a problem. If I know the error message, I can usually determine what the bug is right away. Otherwise, I have to do a bunch of testing that wastes time.

Thanks.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:46 pm

crojack wrote: Also, as you can see in the image below, I think the preview is wrong.
You can see the settings I gave it and I hit preview and got something that looks very much like a light.
Is this a bug?
Nope...it has to do with how emitting materials are now specified. Any material that has it's layer set to a number (i.e. not "off") will emit light. So..just change the layer to 'off' to stop the material from emitting.

As far as your other questions go....maps are selected in a completely different way. You can use either the texture applied to the SU material (SketchUp) or an external file (External).

I am working on updating the tutorials. Once I release them, I think the new workflow will be much more clear.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Fixed group export bug. See first post to download updated version.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Thank you whaat! I'll test the fixed version ASAP!

patplace

material load disable in this version

Post by patplace » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm

How can I import the exiting material or the material dowload from homepage into material editor. coz the funtion is disable in this beta version at the moment.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Back to report, Whaat!
Thank you for the new release: group/component export seems to work fine now, thanks!
A thing i noticed: i tried to make a diffuse transmitter mat for curtains just to test. SkIndigo exports the scene without problems, but indigo crashes. Have the diffuse transmitters been suppressed for the current version of indigo?
Thank you a lot!

2kemon

Post by 2kemon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:15 am

...I get the same problem as pibuz, when I apply transparency to a diffuse material. Skindigo exports, but indigo crashes.

2kemon

Post by 2kemon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

Fantastic interface whaat - you improved it even further this time. I´m still unsure of the correct weight of an applied displacement map, but you made it a breeze to run 2 or 3 previews and figure it out.

bug report:
These faults may be caused by my system, so if anyone could try to recreate them, it would probably help whaat out.

1.Is it intentional, that loading the saved igm materials is disabled in this beta?

2.When creating a specular material, several options are available, however, no scrollbar appeared, so I had to mouse-click-and-drag to reach the bottom features.
EDIT: Nevermind - My bad! I actually really like the unfolding interface! :oops:

3.After accidentally double-clicking where it says Mesh Subdivison, skindigo started loading something but never stopped.
EDIT: It stopped now, but it took around 15 minutes! And you wrote, that it's on your todo list, so...

4.Is the scale in the preview scene correct? My sketchup drawing template is set up for metric centimeters, and the material on the indigo preview scene isn't the same as the sketchup applied material.

5.I had a weird issue with an external bumpmap not aligning correctly with the sketchup albedo texture. I did scale the albedo inside sketchup (kept the ratio), but the bumpmap aligned correct vertically, but incorrect horizontally.

kind regards, 2kemon
Last edited by 2kemon on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:59 pm

2kemon wrote: 1.Is it intentional, that loading the saved igm materials is disabled in this beta?
Yes...loading IGM materials might be disabled for a long time. Use Linked IGM materials instead.
3.After accidentally double-clicking where it says Mesh Subdivison, skindigo started loading something but never stopped.
EDIT: It stopped now, but it took around 15 minutes! And you wrote, that it's on your todo list, so...
What??? that's weird and I don't think it's on my todo list because I don't even know what you're talking about.
4.Is the scale in the preview scene correct? My sketchup drawing template is set up for metric centimeters, and the material on the indigo preview scene isn't the same as the sketchup applied material.
It's correct AFAIK. Maybe the sphere and the cube scene are wrong.
5.I had a weird issue with an external bumpmap not aligning correctly with the sketchup albedo texture. I did the albedo inside sketchup (kept the ratio), but the bumpmap aligned correct vertically, but incorrect horizontally.
not sure about this one. I might be able to figure it out if you post the SKP file and the external texture.

Thanks for the report!

40 posts