Any proper tutorial

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Latetzki

Any proper tutorial

Post by Latetzki » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 am

Is there any proper tutorial available about setting material to model? Like grass or parkett.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Setting up materials in Skindigo is easier than you'de expect. In fact, soeasier for me, that when I first started out, I made it more complicated than neccesary.

The important thing to keep in mind when working with Skindigo is that there are really two kind of materials that you are working with. The SU material and the indigo material. Throught eh skindigo interface, you associate a su material with an indigo material.

The first step is your su material. Its very simple. you only have to choose a color. You can think of this as your diffuse channel. Depending on the material type (I'll get to that in a minute), this color can only be used to differenciate the materials in your scene or it can actually affect the look of your material. Note that you can choose between 3 methods of color selection (use the drop down menu.)

Once you've got your su material, you need to creae an indigo material to associate with it. This is where the magic happens. Go to plugins => skindigo => material editor (top bar) and the material editor pops up. Or you can simply double click a su material. Once there, you can choose what type of material you want (click the drop down menu.) You can download example from the material DB and see how they are done.

crojack

Post by crojack » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:32 am

actually this isn't how it's done, not really.

you can use any skp material and it gets exported, you don;t need to apply a color and then apply a mat or anything like that.

this is the biggest, and I think one of the best, differences between Skindigo/Indigo and Maxwell or Fryrender.

there is a tutorial, it's a little old but it shows the basics-
do a search

Rodrigonotor

Post by Rodrigonotor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Pasolein

Post by Pasolein » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:06 am

hey there,

i guess these tutorials are all i need for the start, but there is one problem:

they ar'nt online anymore.

so could some1 please reup them or send them to me per email plaes???

thanks in advance!

crojack

Post by crojack » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:33 am

I dl'd it just fine.

Pasolein

Post by Pasolein » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 am

ok now i was able to download them too.
maybe the server was short offline or something.

sry for causing trouble ^^

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:15 am

no trouble :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:38 pm

I plan to update the tutorial set for the next stable release of SkIndigo. In the meantime, some user-created tutorials would be a big help. The reason no one makes tutorials is that Indigo changes too quickly.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1