Backbody Light Materials are currently not supported by this

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
g.sanchez

Backbody Light Materials are currently not supported by this

Post by g.sanchez » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

"Backbody Light Materials are currently not supported by this feature"

I have the newest Indigo and Skindigo and trying too make some windows glow for a dusk shot render.

Could anyone explain what the best way to do this is, or tell me why it says the material isnt supported by the feature when I go to the Skindigo material editor

Thanks

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 am

Im am not familiar with skindigo code or what you are doing but at a guess he is meaning the old emitter types (blackbody,rgb, peak) for meshes -handily referred to as a 'material' when you apply them- cannot have the new 'emissive' function as well. meshlights are different.

if you want to make the glass itself glow I would think you should choose a specular transparent material (is there a glass preset?) and give it some emission (glow). ie dont try to use a meshlight for its 'material'.
HTH

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 am

are you trying to preview an RGB or blackbody light? the preview scenes won't let you do that, it was just never added.

g.sanchez

Post by g.sanchez » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:33 am

Yes im trying to make the glass glow, or have a light source glow from behind the glass.

Still figuring SKIndigo and experimenting on how to add a glow to a surface; I had thought indigo worked off materials where you change the setting for the particular material on the surface ie glow reflection etc

So I made a surface behind a Skindigo preseted glass and applied a raw color as the material to the surface, then again using the skindigo material editor applied the preset backbody light and RGB with luminous of 300 behind the glass. Still no glow.

Any comments on how hard im making this would help a bunch.
Thanks

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 am

well let's see,

if you want a light to shine through a window, than make a window, needs to have a thickness, make it transparent with glass preset, put a light behind it, and make the light a blackbody or an rgb light.

and make sure your faces are facing correctly.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:29 pm

also ... what tone mapping are you using? if you are using reinhard in the sun, then you'll need to up the power of the blackbody light by 1000x ... otherwise do a geometery check as suggested above. gl.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1