Noob Question

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Zippyties

Noob Question

Post by Zippyties » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 am

I am new to indigo, and I have a question regarding a background image. I have made a house and I would like to have a background visible through the windows. I noticed that Skindigo has an option for an HDRI or EXR file. This presents a problem for me because I do not have the ability to obtain an appropriate background in one of those formats. Before Skindigo I used to strategically place a large plane (a giant mural) in such a manner so as to act like a background. I tried this with Skindigo and it renders all of the image beautifully, however my backdrop isn't present.

I would like to find a way to use a JPEG or other image format as a background.

Thanks in advance.

crojack

Post by crojack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm

It should render it out there, you need to apply the image to a face, like a texture. if you just bring in an image through the skp import process, it won't render.

you can also render an alpha image and then put them together in your image editing program of choice.

and post it when you get done!

also, if you do some searching there are some free exr images around, although I have had very mixed results using them.

Zippyties

Noob Question

Post by Zippyties » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 am

Here is a copy of my model maybe you can tell me what I'm Doing wrong.

Thanks,
Attachments
Tower1.rar
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 am

you have to have your faces facing correctly, (or normals as is is sometimes called)
search the forum for the skp tutorial, it doesn't go over a lot of the new more advanced stuff, but it will help you get started and not make mistakes like this.
:)

4 posts • Page 1 of 1