Materials come out white?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Fish In Sea

Materials come out white?

Post by Fish In Sea » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 pm

I use SketchUp and have decided to try Indigo as a renderer as i have heard good things. Whilst 90% renders correctly, some materials are coming out white? For example, at the moment i was doing an environmentals drawing and the grass and paths were white but everything else did what it was meant to?

I have tried different presets and using 'Phong' addding in a 'clip' but it still comes up white whatever i try? :x

Please can someone help me out, or point me in the right direction of a tut vid or anythin?

Thanks in advance

eulgrand

Post by eulgrand » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 am

Front face / Back face issue ?

Is your scene only showing front faces ? Back faces won't render properly. You have to invert them in SketchUp.

:wink:

Fish In Sea

Post by Fish In Sea » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Yes, your spot on eulgrand! It works the opposite way around to another render programme i used! This confusing thing was that some componants worked even if they were reversed! NVM, its sorted now... cheers! J

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 am

I know your problem is solved now but you can right click the texture and click entity info to see what texture is on what face.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1