Glass Help

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 am

ok ok ok. last post on this. i'd say the previous render material is good for privacy glass and the like, but for a sandblasted look i think going about it another way achieved a look closer to the reference photos that were posted earlier. here is the latest version.

the difference with this render is that for the frosted glass material i used a diffuse transmitter. the result below is very close to the photos.

it seems i have come full circle back to where zsouthboy started off. i'm not sure how similar this is a setup as he had but the result is close to his initial render.

anyway, i think this about wraps up this experiment. i hope someone can learn something from these tests.
Attachments
im1214518358.png
im1214518358.png (484.03 KiB) Viewed 830 times

Post by Post » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:07 am

Leave an active post for a few days, it takes a bit to catchup. Thanks for all the posts.

cpfresh the sandblasted material looks awsome!!!! Are you able to post that material to indigo's material datebase? Even if it is just the sand blasted area? Thanks for all the input. Now i just have to review and posts and play with the settings (aka Learn)

Thanks

Post.
:D

32 posts