Interior rendering settings

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:40 am

Blazedremedy:
Stick on Sun, though you need to somehow get it higher. Any angle lower than the horizon just can't work.... If you'd set the sun to midnight (right under the centre, pointing upward), you'd get a violet sky ;)

Background colour light is fast but pretty unrealistic... - and as it uniformly comes from everywhere, it'll also produce strange light-appearances on the ceiling and such...

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:40 am

Btw backround color + black backround fixes the lighting but then its to dark and I have to turn the lamps on.

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 am

I still havn't figured out the white balance issue and dont know how to creat/move sun...

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:10 am

with black background, sure it gets dark... as it's darker than any night you'll ever see ;) xD
I though, you're going to use white background light... ;)

Ok, so how to set the sun in skindigo? :S
Isn't there a day/night slider in sketchup or such? something which configures the day? If I remember correctly, the sun position was linked to something like that...

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 am

Just enter shadow settings in sketchup and the shadows you have there will be similar to the ones in the render.

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:18 am

ok guys so you see the shadowing difference from the top right wall just above the clock then below it? I need to fix that and the lighting on the ceiling If somone could tell me wich whitebalance to set and where I will be good somone said change to 6500 but I dont see that option. I need to know how I can go about to execute this so far I havn't made any progress with the feedback I have had so far. using backround color fixed it but then its to dark everywhere else.

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:30 am

there is no "magic" setting in Indigo, just as there is no "magic" camera setting for taking a picture.

It mostly trial and error and working toward the output you want to achieve.

as far as white balance, get Violet and than you can change it all you want until you find the setting you want.

It is also a big help if you know sketchup fairly well.

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 am

Blazedremedy wrote:ok guys so you see the shadowing difference from the top right wall just above the clock then below it? I need to fix that and the lighting on the ceiling If somone could tell me wich whitebalance to set and where I will be good somone said change to 6500 but I dont see that option. I need to know how I can go about to execute this so far I havn't made any progress with the feedback I have had so far. using backround color fixed it but then its to dark everywhere else.
I'm sorry, I'm a photographer, I think in Kelvins (6500K is a good sunlight whitebalance) :)

Try the D65 setting.

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 am

k thanks guys, and yes im good with sketch up we work with Cyclone Rhino Geo Magic and AutoCad

24 posts