{Help} Problems Connecting to Master

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:35 pm

hiya post.

i certainly dont recommend you go tearing through your skindigo ruby file but the process is rather simple. all i did was open the ruby in wordpad (or notepad or your favorite text editor), search for indigo.exe and for each time its found take alook at what you see. below i have shown an example of what you may find and what to change it to, its pretty easy:

you find this:
batch.puts "start \/low \/max indigo.exe \"#{export_path}\" -o \"#{image_name}\"" if low_priority=="On"

you edit it to this:
batch.puts "start \/low \/max indigo.exe -n wm \"#{export_path}\" -o \"#{image_name}\"" if low_priority=="On"

all i did was insert the bold text and viola you're all set. indigo.exe will show up numerous times in the search until you find the end of file. just make sure you are inserting the -n wm properly as there are some cases where indigo.exe will pop-up and you dont want to insert the -n wm. anyways, it is pretty straight forward once you see it and youll get it. after doing this, anyway you start the indigo renderer it will be a working master.

adding this has made it tons easier to work with in skindigo, maybe whaat can add a checkbox for a later release that will add the -n wm automatically but its up to him. hope this makes sense, hollar.

Post by Post » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 am

Thanks cpfresh :D

I just finished inputing the code into the rb file. Had one error when I tryed to export the indigo from sketchup. Command not understood "- nmw"... But i found the line and fix it "-n wm". Now I'm a happy camper.

But I'm having a problem with one of the computers: I keep getting this error on terminating of the render on the master "MySocket Excep write code WSAECONNREST" or something like that... Do you know what this is caused by and do you have a workaround?

Slave1:
C:
cd C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Plugins\indigo
start indigo.exe -n s -h master

I have to place the "-h master" (works with out the port )or this compter will not find the master.

Slave2:
C:
cd C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 6\Plugins\indigo
start indigo.exe -n s

This slave computer does not get the error and once the master termiates the render will starts to look for another master and sence.
edit: running v1.1.5 on all machines and XP with SP3 update.

Thanks for all the help.
-Post-

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 am

yea the error is a result of the master being shut down and because the slave is tied to it (with the -h master) it also shuts down. thats why its prefereable to not use the -h option. but if thats the only way that this slave will find th emaster, perhaps youve got something screwy going on with your network. you should check to see if all of your networked computers can resolve each other's names and IPs.

... no other ideas atm, sorry.

another great hack is adding preview network rendering!! give that one a go! :P

cheers!

Post by Post » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks, CP your suggestion helped once again!!!! Did a around of IP pings and found that the computer in question (slave1) could ping out but could not receive pings from master and slave2 (reminds me of the movie "preaching to the perverted"). Reviewed the Network settings and found that it had an additional Firewall on the Network adapter. Unclicked that and now it working like a charm!

Thanks!!! This forum is kick a$$ :D

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:49 am

:D :D :D AWESOME

Post by Post » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey cp,

I was wondering if you know how to edit the code for the sk exporter so i can can the C: to \\master? Driving me insane - the master is always dumping the slaves when I render the sence right from sketch up. i have to run the .bat to make it work correctly.

Thanks.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. You want to change C: to \\master? Are you refering to where your igs file is getting saved to for rendering? You can change that by using the SkIndigo drop down menu: Export Scene As ... It will prompt you where you would like to save the igs. After you run that once, that skp file will always save to that same location whenever you hit the render buttons. (Excellent feature whaat!)

Hope this helps, Post.

Post by Post » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 am

You can change that by using the SkIndigo drop down menu: Export Scene As ... It will prompt you where you would like to save the igs. After you run that once, that skp file will always save to that same location whenever you hit the render buttons. (Excellent feature whaat!)
do you mean igs and not skp? Is that a new feature? I'm running v1.1.5 of the skexporter.
You want to change C: to \\master?
Yes you are right. I would like to change the name of the c: (local reference) to Master (network reference) for the save path of the igs files. for the rending exporter. I keep getting errors from the slaves that they are unable to fine the files... I belive that the master is telling them to look locally on the "c:" when the file is on "master" so I have a batch file made that I keep changing to suit the name of the file. Just trying to automate more.

Thanks
-Post-

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 am

oh yea, maybe that wasn't the clearest explaination. :/ sorry.

lets say you make this new scene in sketchup and you want to save it. you click save and sketchup asks you where to save it to. from that point on whenever you click save it goes to that location (unless you use the save as option and change its name/location.)

the same feature is available for your igs file output. if you refer to the image ive attached below, by using this option you can change where your igs file is saved (incase you dont want it in the default <indigo_path>\ location) so if you click on export scene as you can then choose where to save your igs file. so all you have to do is save to you base share location (\\master\) and you're all set and accessible by your network slaves. after you set the location once, you dont need to use that export scene as option anymore, whenever you click export (or quick export) the igs will automatically go to that spot.

better?
Attachments
skp_igs_out.JPG
skp_igs_out.JPG (61.22 KiB) Viewed 2007 times

Post by Post » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Sorry that did not work...
still getting ClientProxy:Mysocketexcep: read failed, error: [unknown]
Dropping connection to slaze.

but if I make a bat file that has the file direction to the \\master\ instead of c:\ it works.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:08 pm

so how do you have your share setup? i think you need to map a network drive so that a single drive letter will work across all computers.

Post by Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 am

hey,

I have just shared folder in xp. I will have to try to map a drive when i get a bit of down time. Too busy right now.

27 posts