SkIndigo 1.1.1

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
crojack

Post by crojack » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:31 am

doh, knew it had to be something like that.

thanks!

jenujacob

Post by jenujacob » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:06 am

hi all... anyone got skindigo 1.1.1 working with indigo 1.1.5? i get this :
SSE present.
SSE2 present.
SSE3 present.
Using base Indigo directory path ''.
Scene file path: 'D:\Program Files\indigo_v1.1.5/default.igs'
Using working directory path 'D:\Program Files\indigo_v1.1.5'.
Loading Scene 'D:\Program Files\indigo_v1.1.5/default.igs'...
Processing included XML file 'D:\Program Files\indigo_v1.1.5\default-settings.igs...
Using Reinhard tone mapping with pre_scale=4.500000, post_scale=1.000000, burn=6.000000
extra_atmospheric: 0
sun_theta_rad: 1.07809
sun_solid_angle: 0.00006
Sky zenith luminance: 3387.09520 cdm^-2
Sun spectral radiance at 500nm: 16166361410218.66800 Wsr^-1m^-3
0 UV coordinate set(s) found.
Fatal Error: IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: ModelLoadingStreamHandlerExcep: UV set with index 0 was exposed, but the UV set data was not provided. (In element 'mesh', around line 6, column 9)
all i did was unzip the new indigo 1.1.5 version and replaced the older skindigo 1.0.9 to skindigo 1.1.1 in the plugins folder of SU (this includes the skindigo folder and the .rb file)
i copied the old supreviews folder from the indigo 1.0.9 to indigo 1.1.5 folder... (since su previews was not included in the new skindogo version...

i am sure i must have done something wrong somewhere...... i shall continue to look for my answers in the forum anyways...
thaaaanks!!

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:06 am

i think this was posted earlier, but i couldnt locate it right now. the reason this is happening is because your IGS file is 'exposing' UV sets which aren't actually used in any meshes so Indigo stops. The easiest fix is to just go thru your IGS file and remove those extra UV sets.

gl!

jenujacob

Post by jenujacob » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 am

umm.. thanks cpfresh... and i know it asking for too much.. but how does one go bout removing those extra UV sets.. if its anything to be done within skindigo i would be happy to do it (in fact i did try removing any loaded uvs within skindigo.. but indigo refuses to cooperate) :(.. but anything more complex like editing xmls or something like that.. i would be lost for all u know!
anyways i am still on the lookout for a solution.. thanks! ;)

i was waiting for a stable release of indigo with displacement and waiting for whaat to resolve any issues. but i just couldnt resist playing with it after seeing all the displacement tests! ;) :D

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:17 am

heh, unfortunately i was :( refering to some raw xml editing, but luckily it is rather simple. you probably have a few materials with exposed uvs like this:

Code: Select all

<expose_uv_set>
					<index>0</index>
					<name>uv0</name>
				</expose_uv_set>
				<expose_uv_set>
					<index>1</index>
					<name>uv1</name>
				</expose_uv_set>
				<expose_uv_set>
					<index>2</index>
					<name>uv2</name>
				</expose_uv_set>
				<expose_uv_set>
					<index>3</index>
					<name>uv3</name>
				</expose_uv_set>
you just need to edit it down to this:

Code: Select all

<expose_uv_set>
					<index>0</index>
					<name>uv0</name>
				</expose_uv_set>
... assuming you've only used the uv0 position. if you've got some uv1 or uv2 settings saved for your materials, its ok to leave those references in your file. which ever uvs point to nothing -- delete them. also, the default material will require none of these entries.

jenujacob

Post by jenujacob » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:22 am

sorry for the late reply cpfresh! and thank u so much.. even though i never got to edit it (mainly becoz of my ignorance of such things..) i think i will wait for skindigo's stable version!
thank u so much once again! :D

36 posts