Materials

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
neo0.

Materials

Post by neo0. » Thu May 29, 2008 10:38 am

Is there a way to know that your material assignment in skindigo was successful? Should the changes be displayed in sketchup?

EDIT : Where could I find more material presets?

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm

no, there is no way to know for sure that your settings are applied in SkIndigo -- there is no apparent change to the appearance of the model, there is no confirmation window or anything like that. once you enter a value into you skindigo material editor interface it is saved into your model automatically.

and as for other presets ... nowhere at the moment. there is a way to save and load presets from skindigo, but no one has really gotten a collection going. soon the material database on the site here will be up and then you will have all of those at your finger tips.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sat May 31, 2008 6:27 am

Would it be possible to have some sort of a window that shows you what material is assigned to what object, maybe like a node graph or something? Like where you've got your materials on one side and your objects on the other, and you can just connect nodes to assign materials? just an idea.

Is there a place where we can request materials for the library?

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 am

there is such a window that shows what sketchup material is assigned what indigo material.

plugins->skindigo->query material types

i think there may be a new forum section for requests? check there for starters i guess

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sat May 31, 2008 11:28 am

Maybe for a future release, you should be able to delete materials and re associate them. Like if you have the wrong su material assigned to a indigo material, you could change it on the fly..

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sat May 31, 2008 3:49 pm

As per request, im consolidating all my questions here
:)

Im trying to render glass. I know that its a Glossy Transparent material and that I should enable SSS. What is the scattering coefficient for glass? Are there any other properties I should know about?

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sat May 31, 2008 4:39 pm

yea i think you need to know the cauchy b and the ior... sss dunno. google should be able to find some numbers for you if you arent having any luck here in the forum... im sure some of this stuff has been covered previously. its just a matter of finding it.

for glass id use the skindigo preset, you could optionally add the cauchy b number of 0.003 if you wanted. itll slow down render speeds tho ;/

cheers

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:05 am

Thanks, does scattering coefficient matter?

8 posts • Page 1 of 1