New to Skindigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Blazedremedy

New to Skindigo

Post by Blazedremedy » Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 am

Hey all, My name is Isaac. I work for a civil engineering firm and I need to know how to use skindigo and indigo properly to create sexy render scene. If you could refer me to some tutorials that can help me understand the higharchy of skindigo and how everything works that would be great. I just need to know what to do to get me started in the right direction of learning how to make a good rendered scene.

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 am

I already have the most up to date version of indigo and skindigo on my computer/ in my sketchup plugins. So thats good.

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Wed May 28, 2008 8:50 am

If you go to the tutorials forum here, theres a set of tutorials called something like 'skindigo 0.9 tutorials', these are definetly the best way to get the hang of skindigo.

Blazedremedy

Post by Blazedremedy » Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 am

Thanks for the responce, do I need to have a diferent version of skindigo or indigo for these to work or is V1.0.9 Good with this?

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Wed May 28, 2008 9:10 am

you should be fine with skindigo v 1.0.9. The only thing i can think of off the top of my head that is different is how you acess the materials options, you can now do it just by double clicking the material in the SU materials window, speeds things up a bit i find.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed May 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Isaac!
..er..i don't take a look at the tutorial download section since a long time but i think they're a little out of date. You know: Indigo and SkIndigo develop so fast, so it's kind of impossible to keep tutorials up to date! (i really think some of us using skindigo - included me - should start writing some simple tutorials on how to use this amazing software..).
But anyway they give a useful overall view of the plugin, that's for sure. So, take a look at them; then for any question visit the forum and post your requests (better if followed by explainatory images of the "problem"). We'll help you if we can!

See you soon! :D

PS. Oh BTW: WELCOME!

6 posts • Page 1 of 1