Help with hdri and need some tips...

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
DacaD

Help with hdri and need some tips...

Post by DacaD » Sun May 18, 2008 2:50 am

Hi guys. I´m new to the forum (but not really to sketchup or indigo). Congratulatios for this great piece of software. There's some comercial software renders that you're making look bad:).

Now i need some help with hdri (or exr).
first: i can't make it work in spherical mode, it renders but the background it's black (with some pixels with colour)

second: is there anyway that i can have a shadows on the floor but without having to draw a surface that taps the bacground hdri (see the image with the minis)

third: If someone can give me some tips for making the renders look more real i really apreciate?:)

the renders are from tuned cars but it´s just because i wanted something that could be real but diferent from what exists, to making a kind of chalenge. Thanks everone that posted this models on 3d warehouse

P.S.: Please forgive my english...lol
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (99.99 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
im1210903484.jpg
im1210903484.jpg (165.3 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
im1210874719.jpg
im1210874719.jpg (72.54 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
5VWGolfT.jpg
5VWGolfT.jpg (66.57 KiB) Viewed 2532 times

ZYX

Re: Help with hdri and need some tips...

Post by ZYX » Sun May 18, 2008 1:49 pm

DacaD wrote:Hi guys. I´m new to the forum (but not really to sketchup or indigo). Congratulatios for this great piece of software. There's some comercial software renders that you're making look bad:).
Hi DacaD welcome to indigo forums.
Now i need some help with hdri (or exr).
first: i can't make it work in spherical mode, it renders but the background it's black (with some pixels with colour)
I really don't know how to do spherical environment maps, but i think OpenEXR is not the correct type of image for spherical maps (just a guess).
second: is there anyway that i can have a shadows on the floor but without having to draw a surface that taps the bacground hdri (see the image with the minis)
Well there is no way of getting shadows in an Environment map using only indigo if thats what you meant. The only way i know if having shadow displayed in an envinronment map is this one: http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... sc&start=0
third: If someone can give me some tips for making the renders look more real i really apreciate?:)
[/quote]
Well it seems you have do add some Exponent value for your cars, try using the car paint preset (if you haven't alredy used it); try working with the material for doing the most relistic scene possible (of example blending materials, using exponent, bump, clip maps, etc). And also try working more with backgrounds for getting them more realistic.

DacaD

Post by DacaD » Thu May 22, 2008 6:06 am

thanks ZYX :)
i´m having another problem with hdri now: When i render a scene the hdri image looks too close to the 3d model. How can i change this?can anyone help?i´m a really a rookie with hdri...lol
thanks in advance

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Fri May 23, 2008 3:37 pm

There no other solution (that i know) than using other environment map with smaller elements in their images.

DacaD

Post by DacaD » Sat May 24, 2008 4:51 am

thanks for the help again ZXY:)
but I´m sorry to have to bother you again but can you help me with telling me a short description in how to edit a hdri image for smaller elements or showing me a tutorial on this?i couldn´t find a nothing on web with this.

and i think i found a bug on indigo. if i have more than one render doing at same time and one of them was start using the resume render feature that render will have a ghost image of the other render doing at the same time...pretty odd

Thanks again ZXY

crojack

Post by crojack » Sat May 24, 2008 5:26 am

DacaD wrote:thanks for the help again ZXY:)
but I´m sorry to have to bother you again but can you help me with telling me a short description in how to edit a hdri image for smaller elements or showing me a tutorial on this?i couldn´t find a nothing on web with this.
I have long hoped for better EXR/HDRI image manipulation within Skindigo/Indigo. But, there are some EXR/HDR image programs, and a plug-in for photoshop, but basically all I've found is trial and error and not had much luck with that. I've only used sky images.

DacaD wrote: and i think i found a bug on indigo. if i have more than one render doing at same time and one of them was start using the resume render feature that render will have a ghost image of the other render doing at the same time...pretty odd

Thanks again ZXY

you need to Export instead of Render Scene, than you will get individual and corresponding .igs/.igm files to specify when you are restarting a render.

DacaD

Post by DacaD » Sat May 24, 2008 5:36 am

Thanks for the help and quick reply.
I was seeing other toturials for other 3d programs and the hdri beeing to close in the render seems to be e camera problem maybe if we move the camera a bit we can edit this.

looking forward for more hdri options and manipulation in the next indigo
(sorry about the extra work whaat:)... and you serious need to think in having a job just doing this kind a stuff, besides beeing able to do real money with it you are obvious very talent and beeing also able to keep it simple. congratulations :wink: )

7 posts • Page 1 of 1