Setting my SkIndigo preview studio scene

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:06 pm

this is a busy place... :) The preview scene looks great! Good job guys!

Two things:

1) There is no way to adjust the uv mapping of the sphere primitive. This is hard coded by Ono. If you ask nicely, maybe he'll change this. (It's one of my requests, too.)

2) There is a bug in SkIndigo 1.0.8 with sphere export. If you do not have a material applied to the sphere component instance, it will not export. Just apply a material to it and you should be fine.

rchapman

Post by rchapman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:18 pm

thanks crojack. i think i understand bump maps a little more. i'll have to play around with them, but expect to see a thread from me soon with lots of questions on it.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Just my first try to share the first "serious" material studied with the new mat preview. I post the skp exchange-scene and the mat preview: tell me if the skp is ok, or if it needs some improvements. Ideas are obviously welcome!!!

**EDIT**
The latest .skp file can be found in the .rar file in the post below
Attachments
Exterior Boards.png
Exterior Boards.png (329.93 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Last edited by Pibuz on Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:25 am

wow, looks great O.o

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 am

This is the complete .rar file.
Is there any way to remove the previous version, so we don't create any kind of confusion about the latest release?
Attachments
custom preview scene.rar
(144.99 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 am

Nice work e'rybody! Pibuz I have deleted all my previous IMPcustom files from my old posts so that there is no further confusion! Also, thanks for sharing your boards01 material, I'm sure it will come in handy! :D

arroyway == uber-materials!

oh and I mentioned the UV mapping issue with the Indigo Sphere in the IRC channel and Ono said that there was a method previously ... but apparently no more ... for now! :D

rchapman

Post by rchapman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 am

where do we save the .rar file and how do we use the material. it looks GREAT!

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am

rchapman wrote:where do we save the .rar file and how do we use the material. it looks GREAT!
a .rar file is similar to a .zip file. just save it and open it and windows should un-pack it.

rchapman

Post by rchapman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm

well i unzipped it so to speak, the readme was a little over my head since im still a noob. i found the sketchup scene and threw a texture on the sphere and tried to put it in indigo and it couldn't locate a certain file or something and it didn't work.

i guess this is still over my head, hopefully i can get as good as you guys, cause the wood rendering above looks great. how long did it take to render pibuz, there's virtually no noise.

the package looks very beneficial and i look forward to using it in the (hopefully) not to distant future.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi Rchapman!

SO:
The .rar file contains the following files:

1. "Pibuz and Cp's_SkIndigo_mat_studio.skp"
2. "standard mat scene.skp"
3. "StudioBackground.jpg"
4. "IMPcustom.igs"
5. "HOWTO.txt"

Firts of all, you have to understand what's the aim of this post.
We have created a new scene to render the SKINDIGO MATERIAL PREVIEW. Only this. :D
So, to preview one of your Skindigo material, study its reflections, transparency and a lot of other things, instead of the custom preview scene included in the skindigo standard package you can use our new scene (the wood ball in the upper post is an example of our scene's output). To use the new preview scene as the "custom scene" which appears in the "skindigo material settings" query follow the instructions you find in the "HOWTO.txt".

You don't really need to use "Pibuz and Cp's_SkIndigo_mat_studio.skp", and you can delete it from your pc. I posted it as a reference file of the scene we have created. But you can definitely erase it.

"standard mat scene.skp" is another file i posted. This scene includes a simple cube, three faces of which are textured with three different materials. I uploaded the file as a work-in-progress studio scene to exchange skindigo materials. For now, you can archive the file in one of your folders. When you'll become a little more expert probably it'll come in handy. :wink:

Hope i explained you well!

40 posts