SU/Bootcamp trouble

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Stinkie
Indigo 100

SU/Bootcamp trouble

Post by Stinkie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 am

I've been using SU and Indigo under Bootcamp for some time now. One thing I noticed, is that SU and SkIndigo react extremely sluggishly (rendering seems fine, though). Has anyone else experienced this? And more importantly, is there a fix or workaround? Other than buying a pc, I mean. :twisted:

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 am

I am not a Mac user, but I know that the disadvantage of Bootcamp (in beta fase) was that it wasn't able to use the GPU at its fullest .
I thought it was settled when mac os X Leopard came out...In case it is not fixed, that could explain the trouble with openGL and the so called 'hardware accelleration'....

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:03 am

Apparently not all hiccups have been resolved. As far as hardware acceleration is concerned, I even't can turn it it on. The ticks box's greyed out.

Now, I model and texture on my pc. So I guess a "pack and go" option would be sufficient to resolve this matter. Or a another workaround in the same vein.

crojack

Post by crojack » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:15 pm

you can pack indigo scene from the indigo gui. is that what you mean?

and it couldn't hurt to call attention to google about it.

I thought that you can jsut boot into0 windows and not use bootcamp, partition the hd or something. I'm still on a g5 though, so no indigo fun for me at home.

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:08 pm

crojack wrote:you can pack indigo scene from the indigo gui. is that what you mean?
I was thinking of a way of packing up scenes that would allow me to bypass SU on my Mac. Model and texture on my pc, pack it all up, put it on my Mac, and open it directly in Indigo. Something like that. For all I know, that could be possible already - but I don't know how. Me stoopid.

crojack

Post by crojack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:42 am

well, if you open Indigo, but don't open a scene, than under the file menu there is a choice that says Pack Scene. so maybe that will help. Don't know about moving from one computer to another though, but it seems that is the intention. a search in the general forum should turn up something.
if you try it post the results here, I haven't messed around with it but it could be really useful if it works.

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 am

Thanks, I'll take look into that.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1