Problem with metals in Skindigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Camara

Problem with metals in Skindigo

Post by Camara » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi, Skindigo users!
First of all, sorry for the english. I will try to explain my problem the best i can.
I'm new to Skindigo, and i have a problem with the metal preset.
When i put, for example, chrome to a material and go to next material and choose aluminium, the chrome change's to aluminium.

It look's like i can only can have one metal per scene. It's this true ou a bug in my Skindigo?

Skindigo and Indigo - a match made in heaven! :D

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Did you try to apply a metal preset to the same material? In other words, do the 'metal' objects in yours scene share the same material? Are they both, say, the same SU colour?

If so: don't do that.

Camara

Post by Camara » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:43 am

Thanks for the quick aswer, but the problem remains. All my metal objects have diferent SU names and still changing one, changes all of them.

crojack

Post by crojack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:46 am

It still sounds like you are using the same sketchup material. and applying the different metals to the same one. If not, sorry.

Try applying different metals to completely different materials as a test. And after doing so, open up the Material Query dialog box and see what it says.

Camara

Post by Camara » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 am

Problem solved! The program works fine. I didn't notice that the "apply preset" shows the preset to use and not the metal on the material. The material of the object is the "Nkdata" file below. :oops: :wink:

Thanks for helping a noob.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1