uniform background ?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
bum_J

uniform background ?

Post by bum_J » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:32 am

i want to get an exterior pic without the sky colors , just white or black clean uniform background ( so i can insert a sky background with photoshop ). is it possible ?

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 am

Yes it is possible. I believe all you have to do is set your Environment to "SketchUp Background Color" and then make sure the background is set to the color you'd like it to be!

GL!

alexmeyer

Post by alexmeyer » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:49 am

Actually, I think what you'd want is to use the new render alpha stuff. Just use a normal sun/sky system (so the lighting is correct) with render alpha, and then put it in photoshop to add your own sky.

You'll need to check somewhere else (one of the indy release threads) to find out how to use it, cuz I don't know yet.
From uncyclopedia.org, on "Elephant's Dream":

"The choice of the title is highly significant, because while the movie does not feature any elephants nor dreams, no one understands what happens anyway."

crojack

Post by crojack » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:33 am

open up the inifile and find where it says render alpha, and replace false with true, save/close than render and it will alpha render.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:35 am

Excellent suggestion, that would be the recommended procedure. Check under the indigo 1.0.6 release, I believe that was the version in which Ono added that feature.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1