SkIndigo 1.0.5

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:45 pm

manual...<sigh> well yes... I wish ono was more interested in other aspects of indigo besides the programming...
its a pity radiance left us cos he hustled that stuff along quite well :roll:
I would remind people though that the wikis can be updated and extended by anyone with the desire to do so 8) even cut and paste cowboys (and girls) :wink:

yeganegi

error mesage

Post by yeganegi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm

hi v. thanks for ue sharing .
i'v recieved an error message : blac..bmaterials are not currently supported... what do i must do?[/img]

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Whaat! I have recently tried to do a rotation of the environment map using the Skindigo interface and what seems to be happening is the camera itself is rotating ... I definitely see a new piece of the env. map, but unfortunately my model has gone out of the shot. I assume I'm trying to use it correctly but maybe I'm confused as to what (or how) it should be rotating. Anyways, maybe take a look at that prior to the next release of Skindigo.

Thank you for providing an awesome Indigo solution for SketchUp!! :D

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:37 am

cpfresh wrote:Hi Whaat! I have recently tried to do a rotation of the environment map using the Skindigo interface and what seems to be happening is the camera itself is rotating ... I definitely see a new piece of the env. map, but unfortunately my model has gone out of the shot. I assume I'm trying to use it correctly but maybe I'm confused as to what (or how) it should be rotating. Anyways, maybe take a look at that prior to the next release of Skindigo.
The environment map rotation code is a hack. Hopefully, Onosendai will implement this feature properly in the next release :wink: :P

Are you using Quick Export when you make changes to the env map rotation? It won't work if you do this. You have to re-export the entire scene whenever you change the env-map rotation. Try re-exporting the scene and then let me know if that solves it.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 am

It seems to result in the same thing.

Earlier I had done it with only a quick export, yet after your comment I tried a full re-export and yet the image resulted in the same thing. So I guess I'll need to try what I found as the common solution in the forums: "group and rotate the whole scene" ROFL

The hack is a good idea since there is no <tag> for us to use in the env_map settings. Maybe it got broke in the re-write?

Thanks for the quick response!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 am

cpfresh wrote:Maybe it got broke in the re-write?
That's highly probable. I am not sure if I've tested it since the re-write.

crojack

Post by crojack » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:21 am

I noticed this same thing when I was trying to rotate an env_map. The camera rotates so you lose the scene. I've just been doing lots of trial and error with different maps to find one that works. This is definitely something people would use if Onosendai will include it!

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 am

I think rendering using the 'Sketchup background colour' as environment light is broken as well in last Skindigo version.
I tried to use an almost black for a night rendering, but it comes out as a white....

(unless I am doing something wrong off course :) )

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:37 am

kwistenbiebel wrote:I think rendering using the 'Sketchup background colour' as environment light is broken as well in last Skindigo version.
I tried to use an almost black for a night rendering, but it comes out as a white....

(unless I am doing something wrong off course :) )
I think this is most likely due to Reinhard Tonemapping. Try using Camera tonemapping when doing a night scene.

Also, make sure you are adjusting the SketchUp background color, not the sky color.

Hope this helps!

salah

advanced texture editor???

Post by salah » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:28 am

Hi,

i installed the Indigo version v1.0.5.2 with the skyIndigo and it works good (im working on Sketchup 06), but i can't activate the "advanced texture editor/Menu", can you help me please?

Salah

ousmee

IndigoDriverExcep: Error

Post by ousmee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:31 am

Hi, Whaat, am NEW on the block though been trying out indigo as a secret ADMIRER! I follow the forum threads to do my thing- why I stay in the corner 8) . Jus ran into the 1.0.5 release and tried to upgrade cos of the new gr8t features. But the error:

IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: Found unexpected element 'render_foreground_alpha' in element 'render_setting'. (Around line 16, column 13)

keep showing, guess this ones brought me out.

Hey :-) fellas I did like you to grade me on dis as well.

http://www.giggaworks.com/render_page.htm

26 posts