All Sketchup, All the Time

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I get loading errors and crashes with PNG all the time, even with PNG files saved out by SKindigo on export

that's why I gave up doing that CGsphere scene in sketchup

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:49 pm

I see, yeah...
Indigos PNGsupport is very limited :?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 am

CoolColJ wrote:I get loading errors and crashes with PNG all the time, even with PNG files saved out by SKindigo on export

that's why I gave up doing that CGsphere scene in sketchup
I get errors too but I think PNGs work as long as there is no alpha channel.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:18 am

...and it has correct colour range...
...and (I think) it's not progressive...

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:00 am

nice!

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:02 am

Not perfect by any means, but I'm quite happy with it as this is only my 4th Indigo render.

When I find the time, I'd really like to redo this one with decent (and complete) texturing, better lighting etc.
Attachments
OUT.JPG
OUT.JPG (129.41 KiB) Viewed 3749 times

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:57 am

I have a problem i think a have applied all what i know (that is not so much) about skindigo and left it rendering 8+hours...but my renders are still low resolution, please if you know how you can do high resolution renders tell me...
Attachments
C5 syc.png
C5 syc.png (986.32 KiB) Viewed 3615 times

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:04 am

there certainly is a "resolution" setting... search around.
And if you can't and can't find it, you can tweak it in your exported igs :) (just open with an xml-editor or wordpad or sth. like that :))

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:04 am

ZYX wrote:I have a problem i think a have applied all what i know (that is not so much) about skindigo and left it rendering 8+hours...but my renders are still low resolution, please if you know how you can do high resolution renders tell me...
Are you trying to say that the image is too noisy? I am sure you have figured out how to change the resolution (widthxheight) of your image.

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:40 am

:lol: soo simple an d i never realized...thanks Whaat

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Whaat wrote:
ZYX wrote:I have a problem i think a have applied all what i know (that is not so much) about skindigo and left it rendering 8+hours...but my renders are still low resolution, please if you know how you can do high resolution renders tell me...
Are you trying to say that the image is too noisy? I am sure you have figured out how to change the resolution (widthxheight) of your image.

I already solved the resolution problem but...It takes a hard time rendering one photorealistic scene! I am doing a interior scene and I used proxies, exit portals and sphere components but is still taking 4+ hour rendering just one scene. Does it take that long? What can I do to reduce rendering time apart from using proxies, exit portals, and sphere components?

crojack

Post by crojack » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:13 am

Yes, it can take that long. There are sooooooooo many topics on rendering times, which you haven't read it seems. But, the fact is indigo, and un-biased renderer's, take a while to clear up. There is no magic setting for super fast renders.

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:08 am

Whaat wrote:
I improved the resolution of the images and render it for 12-14h but it is still 'noisy'. Please if anyone knows how to get a clean image or if i had to left it more time rendering tell me.
( I didn't put the image because it is too big for the web...)

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:13 am

Well, I think, I already wrote, that higher resolution will need even longer to clear up.

You know, due to Indigo's unbiasedness, it's extremely realistic but the big con is, that it also needs far longer to clear up.

You can avoid indirect light, to speed things up and you can use as many diffuse mats and as few other types of mats as possible. Diffuse in general should clean up fastest, maybe except lights themselves.

Else, there isn't much you could do. (Maybe, it would help to lower the Ray Bounce Depth? - That will also cost quality in some very complicated light paths, for example inside SSS-mats)

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Kram1032 wrote:Well, I think, I already wrote, that higher resolution will need even longer to clear up.

You know, due to Indigo's unbiasedness, it's extremely realistic but the big con is, that it also needs far longer to clear up.

You can avoid indirect light, to speed things up and you can use as many diffuse mats and as few other types of mats as possible. Diffuse in general should clean up fastest, maybe except lights themselves.

Else, there isn't much you could do. (Maybe, it would help to lower the Ray Bounce Depth? - That will also cost quality in some very complicated light paths, for example inside SSS-mats)
I know that SkIndigo takes time rendering one scene but 14+ HOURS?! ARE YOU JOKING!?

179 posts