All Sketchup, All the Time

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:40 am

First of all, SkIndigo is the EXPORTER, not the RENDERER.
INDIGO is the renderer.
Then, that's the point of unbiased renders. I already rendered scenes for multiple days and I'm not the only one, here ;)
14 hours for a final should be pretty much normal, with a reasonable CPU, a not too high resolution and about 50% direct and 50% indirect light without high-scattering SSS or cauchy_b, I'd say ;)
If you don't like to spend that much time to render something, Indigo definitely isn't the correct renderer for you...

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 am

Kram1032 wrote:First of all, SkIndigo is the EXPORTER, not the RENDERER.
INDIGO is the renderer.
Then, that's the point of unbiased renders. I already rendered scenes for multiple days and I'm not the only one, here ;)
14 hours for a final should be pretty much normal, with a reasonable CPU, a not too high resolution and about 50% direct and 50% indirect light without high-scattering SSS or cauchy_b, I'd say ;)
If you don't like to spend that much time to render something, Indigo definitely isn't the correct renderer for you...
No thats ok, I didn't know that i could resume my renders before I wrote the other message.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:48 am

ok, then, it's good :)
Welcome, again, to Indigo, now with a new point of view ;)

ZYX

Turbosketch and Indigo

Post by ZYX » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 pm

TurboSketch Studio is biased rendering program. I did get much better renders in Indigo, but like all unbiased rendering program, takes time. The advantage of TurboSketch over Indigo is that it is so simple that even a 5 year old child can use it, but there is almost no options in TurboSketch, all is set by default even textures and images sizes and you can't use Indigo's options like SSS and other things.
(I had to reduce Indigo Render's image size to 35% so you can compare it because with actual image sizes it would be really stupid to compare.)(TurboSketch image is the original size. Model took from 3d warehouse). There are the renders:
Attachments
Halo chief commander 2.PNG
Halo chief commander 2.PNG (99.19 KiB) Viewed 3625 times

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Anyway heres is Indigo's original image
Attachments
Halo Chief Commander.png
Halo Chief Commander.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3624 times

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:40 pm

If you want an easy to use biased renderer for SU, go with Podium. Turbosketch sucks balls to a degree that I find hard to understand. I bought it, tried it, tossed it. It's a total waste of money. Bad customer service, too.

Podium's Mac version is due soon. Until then, Boot Camp is your friend. For me, the Podium/Indigo combo satisfies all my rendering needs.

Check http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post ... ght=stream. The render was made by Solo.[/url]

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:29 am

Stinkie wrote:If you want an easy to use biased renderer for SU, go with Podium. Turbosketch sucks balls to a degree that I find hard to understand. I bought it, tried it, tossed it. It's a total waste of money. Bad customer service, too.

Podium's Mac version is due soon. Until then, Boot Camp is your friend. For me, the Podium/Indigo combo satisfies all my rendering needs.

Check http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post ... ght=stream. The render was made by Solo.[/url]
podium cracks my pc and no I don't want another rendering program I just prefer TurboSketch as biased program because I tried it and also tried Podium and IRender.

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

What do you mean, Podium "cracks" your pc?

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 am

Doesn't work properly on my pc

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:44 am

What version did you use?

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:51 am

Stinkie wrote:What version did you use?

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:02 am

Weird. Never had any problems with it. You used the offcial version, I assume?

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:32 am

No answer? Hm. How strange.

[/i]

crojack

Re: Turbosketch and Indigo

Post by crojack » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 am

ZYX wrote:TurboSketch Studio is biased rendering program. I did get much better renders in Indigo, but like all unbiased rendering program, takes time. The advantage of TurboSketch over Indigo is that it is so simple that even a 5 year old child can use it, but there is almost no options in TurboSketch, all is set by default even textures and images sizes and you can't use Indigo's options like SSS and other things.
(I had to reduce Indigo Render's image size to 35% so you can compare it because with actual image sizes it would be really stupid to compare.)(TurboSketch image is the original size. Model took from 3d warehouse). There are the renders:
This is even worse than comparing apples and oranges.
A monkey with broken hands could draw a more realistic looking robot dude than that.

ZYX

Re: Turbosketch and Indigo

Post by ZYX » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:23 am

crojack wrote:
ZYX wrote:TurboSketch Studio is biased rendering program. I did get much better renders in Indigo, but like all unbiased rendering program, takes time. The advantage of TurboSketch over Indigo is that it is so simple that even a 5 year old child can use it, but there is almost no options in TurboSketch, all is set by default even textures and images sizes and you can't use Indigo's options like SSS and other things.
This is even worse than comparing apples and oranges.
A monkey with broken hands could draw a more realistic looking robot dude than that.
No i think turbosketch image needs more contrast.

179 posts