Indigo All Black Render

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
foxtrot

Indigo All Black Render

Post by foxtrot » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:46 am

Sometimes my images render nicely...and sometimes I get just a black image. What am I doing that causes black renders? I attached an sketchup file on where I get an all black render.

I'm new to Indigo and I've been playing around with the Sketchup exporter and Indigo renderer for a few days. It seems to be an awesome combination and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Jay
Attachments
window.JPG
As appears in Sketchup
window.JPG (17.51 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
window.zip
Skechup file
(471.04 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

crc

Post by crc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:16 am

Are you rendering it long enough? It will be black at first and then get clearer, also, have you changed the position of the sun in sketchup? Indigo seems to only work with the default sun position; along the green axis.

peer

Post by peer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:57 pm

I saw that you used a tungsten material for the ornament. I copied it to a new file gave it a diffuse material and it seems to work now. Still doesn't give an answer to why it doesn't work with your file though. BTW I'm on OS X.

Regards,

Peter
Mac Pro 3GHz quadcore, iMac dualcore 2 GHz, Vectorworks 2008, Sketchup 7 Pro, Indigo Renderer, Cheetah3d 4.6.3, OS X 10.5.6

foxtrot

Post by foxtrot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Thanks for the tips. It's rendering fine now. I should have tried each suggestion seperately, since I don't know what caused the black rendered image.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1