Opaque Diffuse material

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
nzjason

Opaque Diffuse material

Post by nzjason » Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 am

Okay so there must be a simple and easy answer to this but for the life of me i can figure it out :? Problem as follows:

We often drop silhouettes of people into our renders. They are usually just a flat matt colour either black or off white. However they often dominate the scene and appear out of character with the rest of the render. We are not aiming for photorealism so it's often prefered that the silhouettes are opaque so they they blend off into the scene. How do i create a simple material that renders say 10% black opacity without any reflectance or transmittance. I just want a black diffuse colour with 10% opacity to render as it looks in sketchup.

I can of course add opaque people to the scene in post but often these are just quick 30min renders with no intention on doing any post work.

SU2016
Indigo 3.8.25.6

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Opaque Diffuse material

Post by Oscar J » Mon May 23, 2016 11:04 am

Can't you just blend the material with a null? :)

nzjason

Post by nzjason » Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 am

That's exactly the simple straight forward answer i needed!. I forget assigning "none" in a blend material functions as a null. :lol:

Thanks

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue May 24, 2016 8:43 pm

You can get a simpler similar material giving your silhouettes' SU material the desired opacity, and making sure to se it back to the "diffuse" shader. It automatically blends the mat with a null without the hassle of setting a blend material :mrgreen:

4 posts • Page 1 of 1