.....Lots of problems

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

.....Lots of problems

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 am

Hi there guys
Lately i've been using Indigo at work ...but is giving me lots of problems ..Missing textures in external meshes when close and re-open the Skp file, problems when try to pack scenes to render them in other pc..etc etc.....but now the main problem here is with this "old" file ..2-3 weeks ago all was working fine and sudenly i can not create a .PIGS File... Any Clue ?
:D
This is what i get :
Attachments
Damn.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: .....Lots of problems

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:57 am

Yeah, that's an extremely annoying thing. Indigo lets you render the scene without your texture, but doesn't let you save it. :cry:
Last edited by Oscar J on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:00 am

Oscar J wrote:Yeah, that's an extremely annoying thing. Indigo lets you render the scene without your scene, but doesn't let you save it. :cry:
it does? Can you describe how to replicate this problem?

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:23 am

Oscar J wrote:Yeah, that's an extremely annoying thing. Indigo lets you render the scene without your scene, but doesn't let you save it. :cry:
Totally agree....
Skindigo/Indigo works like charm when it wants...but if doesn't...damn is a real pain in the * ..... However ..i think this problems are easy to solve ...with a simple file explorer showing up when something is missing and lets you to locate media paths ( textures, objects,hdris, materials....etc ).....And you're done :D .
Just a thought :roll:

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:29 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Sorry, was a weird typo in my original post.

If you render a scene from blendigo with a missing texture (for example broken path), Indigo overrides that and starts rendering with a grey texture and warns the user (which is great). But if you then try to save scene, Indigo refuses due to the missing texture. You end up with a broken, half-baked .pigs that wont open.

I'm sorry for not reporting this earlier.

Lal-O, yeah a "locate" button in the "missing files" window would be a nice feature. :)
Last edited by Oscar J on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:30 am

Lal-O wrote:
Totally agree....
Skindigo/Indigo works like charm when it wants...but if doesn't...damn is a real pain in the * ..... However ..i think this problems are easy to solve ...with a simple file explorer showing up when something is missing and lets you to locate media paths ( textures, objects,hdris, materials....etc ).....And you're done :D .
We have some code a bit like that in SkIndigo actually, it searches the scene path for missing textures.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:31 am

Oscar J wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:
Sorry, was a weird typo in my original post.

If you render a scene from blendigo with a missing texture (for example broken path), Indigo overrides that and starts rendering with a grey texture and warns the user (which is great). But if you then try to save scene, Indigo refuses due to the missing texture. You end up with a broken, half-baked .pigs that wont open.

I'm sorry for not reporting this earlier.
Oh, ok.
As you know we can only fix the bugs we know about!
Just a reminder to everyone to tell us about bugs - especially workflow issues.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:34 am

By the way, there's a similar problem when you try to do network rendering with a texture missing. Slave computer will not override a missing texture.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:39 am

Oscar J wrote:By the way, there's a similar problem when you try to do network rendering with a texture missing. Slave computer will not override a missing texture.
Yes, I always forgot to report that, well spotted!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:55 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Lal-O wrote:
Totally agree....
We have some code a bit like that in SkIndigo actually, it searches the scene path for missing textures.
Cool..i didnt know about it ! :D
So...what is that code or where can be found? Is there any documentation for it ? .....I hope is not a programmer stuff .... :roll:
....Any clue about the problem showed in the image uploaded at the start of the topic ?? :D

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:53 am

....Anyone ???... :roll:

11 posts • Page 1 of 1