First attempt-skp to Indigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
crc

First attempt-skp to Indigo

Post by crc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:39 am

Here it is,
14hrs 35min.
The scene was set up for use as a podium scene, so I went in and changed just a few of the textures.
And added a Blackbody to the main light.
The two small lights above the bar have a RBG, but obviously notset high enough- 20 I think, and there is a light emitter underneath the cabinet, also RGB 20. The furniture certainly needs to be changed.
Anyways, this looks like a great program and I will keep at it. If anyone needs help with a tut, let me know. but as I don't understand all the different options, not sure if I should attempt it.
Also, is there anyways the the file name of the render could be set to the time of the render?
No biggie,
thanks!
http://www.filedropr.com/display/MTExMzEw

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 pm

crc,

Nice job crc! It looks like you are getting the hang of using the exporter. Try adjusting the gain of your lights and increasing the pre-scale value (Render Settings) to brighten your image. Sometimes it takes a few 3-5 minute renders to adjust your lights and tonemapping settings before doing your final render.

Whaat

crc

Post by crc » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:29 am

Thanks Whaat-
A few more questions, how would I go about doing a short 3 to 5 minute render? Just set the size really small, just wait a few minutes until I can see enough to know if it is ok or not or...

Also, how are Light Emitters set up in sketchup? I read through the Blender tut, which had good info for materials etc. but I would like to do a scene with sunlight and some interior lights on. From what I understand, the only way to do this is with light emitters, but the only material choices I see are either blackbody or RGB.
Sorry if these are some basic questions, and if there is a place explaining the basics of PR rendering, than I would appreciate that also.
Thanks!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

crc wrote:how would I go about doing a short 3 to 5 minute render? Just set the size really small, just wait a few minutes until I can see enough to know if it is ok or not...
Yeah, that's what I mean. Just let it run until it is clear enough to determine if your settings need adjustment. You won't have to do this as much with Indigo 0.7 since it has a GUI for adjusting tonemapping settings after you start your render. However, the exporter for 0.7 is far from ready at the moment (read: I haven't started on it).

Regarding lights, blackbody lights and RGB lights ARE emitters! I have never done a scene with skylight and interior lighting but it can be done. You will just have to increase the gain of your lights to a huge number (like 1000000). There is lots of posts in the forums about this topic. You will have to do some research. There's lots of info around about PR rendering. Start by reading the Indigo manual and browsing the forums.

Whaat

4 posts • Page 1 of 1