SkIndigo 3.8.25.2 (beta)

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
ak-sam

Re: SkIndigo 3.8.25.2 (beta)

Post by ak-sam » Wed May 13, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm having similar problems -

- Layers that are turned off in Sketchup are rendering in Indigo.
- horizontal surfaces that are very close to each other are rendering 'on top of each other' (in my large-scale model, within 5cm - I'm taking Aerial photos and modelling flat planes of grass over top of some areas - the aerial is showing through the grass - not what I want)
- Export times seem to be a lot longer than they were a few beta versions back.
- The indigo render progress bar doenst show any progress
Skindigo on 1x 6950x, 1x3970x, 6x3930k, 2x4930k, 3x5930k

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat May 16, 2015 6:08 am

cocash wrote:Hi Snorky and Marc,
I have not achieved a good result with scattering of external meshes yet. (see my post here http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 53#p130653)
Snorky I tried to do it like you had described in your post but with no success. Could you possibly check my test model and tell me what I am doing wrong? There is a link to skp file and xfrog model:
http://www.uschovna.cz/en/zasilka/FAUWAXUN45N2BGB7-6R2/
(after opening of skp file, please link the tree group to the xfrog file)
I hope you can help me, still getting results like in the picture below, I am desperate... :(
Hi Cocash,
It looks like the obj file is invalid. In EU22y.obj, the faces used material 'Bark_EU22', but in EU22y.mtl, the material is called 'Bark'. The material names need to match.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat May 16, 2015 6:12 am

Snorky: It loos like you have a simple test scene replicating this issue, can you please email it to me?

cocash

Post by cocash » Sat May 16, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Ono,
the names are different, because I renamed it manually only in obj file (I did it because it was written somewhere in the forum - the goal was to use more xfrog trees in one model without confusion of materials - the material for bark, leaf etc. have the same name in each xfrog model, you know, and without renaming I always achieved strange result...).
I did not know, that I also have to rename materials in mtl file, is it important? Although the original dummy / external model is loaded well?

49 posts