Problems with SketchUp 2013 and Skindigo 3.4.12

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
abecrow

Problems with SketchUp 2013 and Skindigo 3.4.12

Post by abecrow » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Hello,

I just bought the latest version of Sketchup and put the plugin skindigo in the plugin folder. Sketchup recognize skindigo without any problems, except for one thing: When I want to manage a material, I click on the "Material Editor" icon and I get an error that appears (I have a screenshot). After if I put yes, I can use the functions window offers, but it gives me the error every time I go to the window

Is there a way to fix this?
Thank you.
Attachments
errorSkindigo.jpg
Error Skindigo in SketchUp 2013

Whaat
Developer

Re: New SketchUp 2013 and Skindigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Fri May 24, 2013 6:19 am

abecrow wrote:Hello,

I just bought the latest version of Sketchup and put the plugin skindigo in the plugin folder. Sketchup recognize skindigo without any problems, except for one thing: When I want to manage a material, I click on the "Material Editor" icon and I get an error that appears (I have a screenshot). After if I put yes, I can use the functions window offers, but it gives me the error every time I go to the window

Thank you.
Yes, but unfortunately, you must uninstall SketchUp 2013 in order to have SkIndigo working again. SkIndigo will also NOT work properly in SketchUp 8 if you have installed SketchUp 2013.
The SketchUp team made an unfortunate change that is resulting in many plugins getting messed up. I was aware of the issue before release but have not had time to release a fix yet.

The next version of SkIndigo (3.6.X) will hopefully be out within 1-2 weeks which will resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience. :)

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

Whaat wrote: The next version of SkIndigo (3.6.X) will hopefully be out within 1-2 weeks which will resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience. :)
That's great news Whaat! Can't wait :D
Cheers,
Roo Evans

abecrow

Post by abecrow » Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Whaat wrote:
abecrow wrote:Hello,

Thank you.
Yes, but unfortunately, you must uninstall SketchUp 2013 in order to have SkIndigo working again. SkIndigo will also NOT work properly in SketchUp 8 if you have installed SketchUp 2013.
The SketchUp team made an unfortunate change that is resulting in many plugins getting messed up. I was aware of the issue before release but have not had time to release a fix yet.

The next version of SkIndigo (3.6.X) will hopefully be out within 1-2 weeks which will resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience. :)
I confirm that this is very good news. Thank you for everything.

Juju

Re: Problems with SketchUp 2013 and Skindigo 3.4.12

Post by Juju » Fri May 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Wow, I would have thought that the SketchUp devs would communicate such critical changes to other devs of associated products?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 am

Juju wrote:Wow, I would have thought that the SketchUp devs would communicate such critical changes to other devs of associated products?
Actually, I was on the beta testing team for SketchUp 2013 and I tried to get the devs to fix this issue on their end. I was hoping that they would fix it before release but I guess they chose not to because it would have potentially caused them even more problems. So unfortuantely, some SketchUp plugins might be broken until we get a chance to fix them for SU2013 (most of them will work though)

If you are not afraid to open up the SkIndigo code, you can make this change to ALL of the HTML files in the 'skindigo' folder (with your plugins folder)

Add the following line in the <head> section:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=7">
After this, your current version of SkIndigo will work with SU2013. You will also have to do this with your SkIndigo inside SU8 (as long as you have SU2013 installed)

Again, this issue will be fixed in the next release of SkIndigo.

Juju

Post by Juju » Sat May 25, 2013 4:36 am

Looks like I'll have to hold off a little on upgrading to SKetchUp Pro 2013. The days when I had the patience and time to tinker to get things to work are long gone.

abecrow

Post by abecrow » Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 am

Whaat wrote: If you are not afraid to open up the SkIndigo code, you can make this change to ALL of the HTML files in the 'skindigo' folder (with your plugins folder)

Add the following line in the <head> section:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=7">
After this, your current version of SkIndigo will work with SU2013. You will also have to do this with your SkIndigo inside SU8 (as long as you have SU2013 installed)

It works. Thank you.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed May 29, 2013 4:16 am

Hi all,
I have made a new SkIndigo Windows build, 3.4.19, that should work with SketchUp 2013. Get it here:
http://downloads.indigorenderer.com/dis ... taller.exe

9 posts • Page 1 of 1