First Render...Noise Still?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
sking

First Render...Noise Still?

Post by sking » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:58 am

Hi All,

I'm new to Indigo so forgive me if i'm repeating ground already covered...i have gone through the forum to try and solve my problem but just wanted to see if any tips still...e.g can i use exit portals with environment maps?
This is my first crack at it but this has now been rendering for over 60+ hours... :?

I'm aware i need to be patient with indigo but would like to think i could speed up things a bit more...

Scene -
1 Light layer from a environment map
1 Light layer from lights above (although in this render they are way too weak :wink: )
Bidirectional PT

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as would like to really improve with Indigo!
Attachments
000A.jpg

galinette
1st Place Winner

Re: First Render...Noise Still?

Post by galinette » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 am

Yes, portals can be used with envmaps and would help here.
Metropolis would also help, as the light paths are quite tricky to find for the renderer in this kind of scene.

Impressive render by the way, the light is nice

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 am

Yes, really nice render! What bothers me most is the uneven appearance of the left part of the roof compared to the left part :? Something is going wrong up there!
BTW, the level of detailing of the right portion is very very good, the scene must be completed on the left now :wink:
I confirm what Galinette said about portals and EVmaps :wink: (anyway, galinette is rarely wrong)

PS. the motion blur is post-processed? You could try using the wonderful Skindigo built-in motion blur!

sking

Post by sking » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks for feedback Etienne...great news exit portals work with EVmaps!, must of misread somewhere esle they didnt....ill try MLT like suggested also and post new results.

Thanks also Pibuz...yes i should have said this scene was only about 50% complete when tried this render (was testing the lighting but decided to let it carry on so get a idea of time etc )...i have done alot more modelling in SU to the rest of warehouse :)

also only the person is post-processed for bit of scale...i used indigo's motion blur for the mast to try it out (though iv not done it quite right here me thinks)...agree though very neat tool!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 am

BTW, I think that 2-points perspective would work great here!
..and I strongly suggest you test-render with much lower resolution...to spare some time! 8)

5 posts • Page 1 of 1