Can't load textures

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Antonis777

Can't load textures

Post by Antonis777 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 am

Hello to everyone, I have Indigo and Skindigo version 3.2.5 and I have a problem when loading textures using Skindigo material editor. Specifically, when I try to load an external texture as a bump map or displacement map for example and click "accept", the textured doesn't load and the little box is not marked. I manage to load a texture only in the first export of my scenes after the installation of the program. If I open again and export it says that it can't find the textures at the specific location. This happens with every version of Skindigo that I've tried. Do I do something wrong? Is there a certain location that I must put my textures in order to be found? Thanks.

wojtek-w

Re: Can't load textures

Post by wojtek-w » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

hi,
there may be a problem with loading textures when You use non-latin characters. Make sure, that there's no non-latin characters in texture filename AND path. I hope it could help.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 am

Yes, this could be a issue with certain characters in your texture path name.

Can you provide a sample path that it is not working?

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 am

I think the problem was solved when I copied and pasted all my textures in the Program files folder. Specifically C:\Program Files\Indigo Renderer\data\preview_scenes\textures. Everything now works properly except the environment maps. They don't load only in the 3.2.x versions. I just get a black ''Indigo background'' material. But thanks anyway! This was a very helpful tip about other questions that I had.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1