Error with renderer after exporting

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pandekage

Error with renderer after exporting

Post by Pandekage » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am

After exporting a scene into Indigo, the scene loads like it's supposed to, but the screen remains black for a VERY long time. During this period the computer becomes very slow, much slower than when it used to work. Then, an error prompt pops up:

"ObjectExcep: Exception while building tree: EBH Build failure, too many triangles in leaf."

This started happening out of nowhere; I already had one render going, and I was only tweaking materials. This error essentially stops me from rendering further. However, I can still render, but with other Sketchup files, but not the one I need. Any ideas?

I found a topic on here from 2010, which suggested smoothing faces or whatnot. How would I do that? And I mean a step by step walkthrough, because I am pretty clueless at all this. Thanks!

I can also attach the Sketchup file in question if anyone wants to test it out.

CTZn

Re: Error with renderer after exporting

Post by CTZn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am

Pandekage wrote:I found a topic on here from 2010, which suggested smoothing faces
This.

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 50#p111650
obsolete asset

Pandekage

Post by Pandekage » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay, I wasn't sure exactly what part of my model needed smoothing, so I just selected everything, right-clicked, and smoothed edges and coplanars (dragged the slider to 180). The render still doesn't work. Any other ideas are appreciated...these renders are due tomorrow :(

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 pm

You will have to disable shape smoothing if you can not get the meshes fixed: probably some smoothed surfaces are detached and lack therefore the tension to maintain their shape, collapsing into clusters too dense.

Another eventuality is that displaced geometries may have a wrong size upon export, this one is purely speculative though.

Did you happen to try with the lowest subdivision value (1) ?

Probably coplanars should be avoided, even more if hey have different materials applied. If they have the same material applied they could make a mess if displaced.
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1