daytime difference in SU model and SUIndigo render

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
anesthetized

daytime difference in SU model and SUIndigo render

Post by anesthetized » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 am

Hi!

I have little problem- i set some time of a day to SU model- You see light on wall, but when i render it all scene goes to dark. Do you have any ideas how to render scene with same light settings as in SU model?

Frutiger

Re: daytime difference in SU model and SUIndigo render

Post by Frutiger » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 am

Have you made sure you're set on "Sun and Sky" under your render settings?

You may also want to make sure that whatever your sunlight is passing through is being read as an exit portal or as a piece of glass and not as something opaque.

Maybe if you post up the .skp we can take a look at it.

anesthetized

Post by anesthetized » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 am

It would be grate if You take look at the model! File is here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/Y_N-f3jX/Untitled.html

Frutiger

Post by Frutiger » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 am

Okay, it looks like my guess might be right.

Try giving your window a "thickness". Right now it's one dimensional, so your glass won't model correctly.

Also, when working with skindigo you have to make sure all your faces are pointing in the right direction. To check which "direction" it's pointing, first click on the monochrome sketchup style. Any face that is blue is currently counted at "inside out". I think skindigo doesn't like that, or at least it didn't used to, so keep all your faces straightened out.

Here's a link to your file after I messed with it, so you can see what I'm talking about.

You also may want to read up on exit portals. It looks like you were trying to make regular old transparent windows, but exit portals may suit your purpose better if you don't care about seeing anything outside that window.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1