Photomatching issue

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Photomatching issue

Post by Bosseye » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm having a really annoying issue with photomatching textures.

I've done this plenty of times before with no issues but suddenly it won't work.

Basically I've added a photomatch image into sketchup and done 3 walls behind. I've then projected the photo onto the walls to give the distorted textures that look correct from the specific view. I've then right clicked each texture, selected UV mapping and exploded the texture. This is then saved as a new file and applied to the face. Render in Indigo and it comes out all screwy.

Whats annoying me most is that I've followed the above process numerous times on other images and its rendered fine - so what the fudge am I doing wrong on this particular file?

Cheers!

EDIT - just tried with a different photo jpeg, exactly the same process as above and it works perfectly :? Is there some variable I'm missing?
Attachments
PM Issue 1.JPG
PM Issue 2.JPG
PM Issue 3.JPG

Whaat
Developer

Re: Photomatching issue

Post by Whaat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:44 am

Hi,

I haven't worked with Photomatch/Indigo for a long time so it's hard to say what the problem could be. I would have to ask to see your SKP file and maybe I could figure it out.

If you can get it working with another texture image, you can swap the texture for the one you want while rendering using the Indigo GUI

Bosseye

Re: Photomatching issue

Post by Bosseye » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks for the reply Whaat - I'll see if I can fiddle it via Indigo. Its just a really weird problem that for some reason is only affecting the 3 jpeg images I have of this particular entrance. All other photos I have of other entrances work fine, just this one.....spoooky!

To be fair, this job is an exercise in pure speed anyway, model set up is about 5 minutes, same for rendering time then on to the next, so one missing entrance render out of 50 is only a drop in the ocean.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1