I'm new to Sk/Indigo, need some help please.

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
rcruk

I'm new to Sk/Indigo, need some help please.

Post by rcruk » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 am

Hi, I'm new to Indigo, just downloaded the trial to give it a shot as I'm searching for a decent renderer to use with SketchUp Pro 8. I'm stumped already though: I have downloaded the latest release of Indigo and put it in my applications. Also downloaded latest SkIndigo package which I placed in SketchUp Plugins folder inside Library.

When I fire up SketchUp there's an Indigo toolbar and options inside the Plugins menu, I can pull down information about Indigo but if I press render nothing happens. I can open Indigo independently by clicking on it outside of SketchUp. Am I missing something?

I'm using OSX 10.7.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Re: I'm new to Sk/Indigo, need some help please.

Post by Headroom » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am

Check the ruby console!

On the windows flavor of Sketchup it's in Window --> Ruby Console. Don't remember anymore where it's on my Mac.

Perhaps also post a screenshot of the scene that you are trying to render.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 am

rcruk wrote:Hi, I'm new to Indigo, just downloaded the trial to give it a shot as I'm searching for a decent renderer to use with SketchUp Pro 8. I'm stumped already though: I have downloaded the latest release of Indigo and put it in my applications. Also downloaded latest SkIndigo package which I placed in SketchUp Plugins folder inside Library.

When I fire up SketchUp there's an Indigo toolbar and options inside the Plugins menu, I can pull down information about Indigo but if I press render nothing happens. I can open Indigo independently by clicking on it outside of SketchUp. Am I missing something?

I'm using OSX 10.7.
Possibly a file permissions error. Are you logged in with administrative privaleges? Please open the ruby console window and check for errors.

This issue will hopefully be fixed in the next SkIndigo update, which I plan to release very soon.

rcruk

Post by rcruk » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 am

It seems the problem was that the Indigo Renderer file also needed to be in the Plugins folder rather than in Applications. Rendering now.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1