RT vs Renderer

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
arail

RT vs Renderer

Post by arail » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 pm

I can't justify buying another application right now (but then I couldn't justify any of the other programs I own and use), but damn, Indigo sure produces a beautiful image.

Some questions

- can you upgrade your license from RT to Renderer after your initial purchase?

- the 3 features that distinguish the two versions that would affect me are light layers, IES and SSS. I could get by without the last two for a long time but I'm not sure about light layers? Is it a must have feature?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Re: RT vs Renderer

Post by Stinkie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

arail wrote:can you upgrade your license from RT to Renderer after your initial purchase?
Seems so.
OnoSendai wrote:
Coen Naninck wrote:Here's a question which I haven't seen here yet; Can you upgrade from RT to Indigo? If so what are the details on that?
Hi Coen,
You will be able to. The upgrade price will basically be the difference in price between Indigo Full and Indigo RT.
arail wrote:the 3 features that distinguish the two versions that would affect me are light layers, IES and SSS. I could get by without the last two for a long time but I'm not sure about light layers? Is it a must have feature?
It's a superb feature, and I love it, but I could imagine working around not having it. It'd just take more going back and forth between SU and Indigo.

arail

Post by arail » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should focus on light layers while I have the demo to get a better sense of what it is and how it might be important to me.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:52 pm

hi arail,

Please allow me a general notice here: this topic would have fited nicely in the Indigo General Stuff forum, since it is of interest for every Indigo user.

I'm really telling anyone, and it's ok to be shy :)

Welcome !
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1