Animation not working

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
djegoo
Indigo 100

Animation not working

Post by djegoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 am

Hi guys
I was trying to export an animation from my sketchup scene, but nothing happens.

I proceeded this way :
Created multiple scenes
double click on "output options" in SKindigo render settings, set frame, then ok
It created whateverthename.bat and i saved it in the indigo folder (C/program/indigo renderer)

then when i launch it, a little MSdos like windows opens, and then nothing

I remember it worked with my older config, but it was a long time ago
Vista, SU 7, indigo 1.1.18

Now, it doesn t work
Windows 7, SU 8 Indigo 2.4.13

do you think there is an incompatibility issue or did I miss a step or saved something in the wrong place ?
Since i haven t rendered animation for a long time i assume that i may have done something wrong, but i would like tho know which step :oops:
cheers

Whaat
Developer

Re: Animation not working

Post by Whaat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 am

djegoo wrote:Hi guys
I was trying to export an animation from my sketchup scene, but nothing happens.

I proceeded this way :
Created multiple scenes
double click on "output options" in SKindigo render settings, set frame, then ok
It created whateverthename.bat and i saved it in the indigo folder (C/program/indigo renderer)

then when i launch it, a little MSdos like windows opens, and then nothing

I remember it worked with my older config, but it was a long time ago
Vista, SU 7, indigo 1.1.18

Now, it doesn t work
Windows 7, SU 8 Indigo 2.4.13

do you think there is an incompatibility issue or did I miss a step or saved something in the wrong place ?
Since i haven t rendered animation for a long time i assume that i may have done something wrong, but i would like tho know which step :oops:
cheers
I think the problem could be the permissions settings. You shouldn't save an animation in the Indigo folder. You should save it to 'My Documents' or something like that where you won't have any permissions errors. I suspect that is the problem.

Also, you can access animation export using the Main menu item for some time now... :)

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:42 am

Yo

OKay, actually i created the animation folder in the indigo renderer file because it is the way it was explained before, i ll try it like you said.

it finallly worked, but when i create my .bat file, if i change its name, it is not created althoug the folder with all scenes to render is created.

actually it is not really an animation that i created, I just made a kind of unofficial batch render technique, rendering only the scenes and not the transitions and it works pretty well

the problem now is another type : when i create a new model and try my technique, it creates an "untitled.bat" and an "untitled" folder, because i haven saved the model and tit works, but with another model, for example a "house" i want tou create "house.bat" and it doesn t work although it creates "house" folder with all scenes

you have an idea of what happens ?

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:47 am

Whaat wrote:
Also, you can access animation export using the Main menu item for some time now... :)
YAH haha i m kind of old school... i haven t played with indigo for months, i m starting my business again :wink:

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 am

djegoo wrote: you have an idea of what happens ?
Nope, that's weird. :)

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 pm

I hve a half answer for that... but very paranormal : when i put a capital letter on the first letter of the name it doesn t work, but with a tiny bikini one it does.

Would you be interessted if i posted a kind of "how to make a batch render of all your scenes" ? cuz it s very useful and quite fast to do, or maybe there s already one

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:16 am

Hi djegoo, I want to underline that 3.0 has a new Render Queue system.

It will be found in the Renderer Settings, between Network Rendering and the Render Log.
obsolete asset

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:27 am

Nice ! that s all i was waiting for : to launch approximatively a hundred of renders then leave for 1 year living in alaska with penguins...

Good job ! Can t wait for 3.0 :D

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:32 am

djegoo wrote:Good job ! Can t wait for 3.0 :D
Don't :D

edit: I was referring to the Indigo GUI off course, probably you meant SkIndigo 3.0 ;) Sorry about my lack of precision.
obsolete asset

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:21 am

CTZn wrote:
djegoo wrote:Good job ! Can t wait for 3.0 :D
Don't :D

edit: I was referring to the Indigo GUI off course, probably you meant SkIndigo 3.0 ;) Sorry about my lack of precision.

UUUHHH Yay good job.

My problem creating .bat file is still half solved though.. i really don t understand why, and i hope i will understand why when i ll need to export videos...

Creating .bat file works only 1/10 time :(

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 am

The render queue is a great job !

However, exporting a false animation like i do saves some memory, because using the render queue method means that we need to export meshes for each scene :(

is there a way to use the same meshes for different scenes with the render queue ?

11 posts • Page 1 of 1