light problem...

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
yamh

light problem...

Post by yamh » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 am

sorry for my english...i cant power up a light over 100... here its a pic for you tu understand what i mean..
Attachments
problrm.jpg
light power doesnt go further than 100.

Bosseye

Re: light problem...

Post by Bosseye » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 am

You're not actually editing a light there, you're still in 'material attributes' - you need to click the UI button at the top of that Skindigo material editor box (next to import & export) and an additional menu appears below called 'emitter attributes'. Expand this and you can then set your light layers power, efficacy, colour etc, and also ies profiles if required.

Essentially, this is where you edit everything to do with your lights (emitters).

Easiest way to create a light/emitter with indigo/sketchup is to create a new material in sketchup, then once applied to your model, right click it and select 'edit material name' under the Skindigo heading. The material editor opens up and you can then either set up lights using the settings as above, or just click 'assign preset' and scroll down the materials list that appears until you reach some common lights at the bottom.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Lights.jpg
Sorry, bit low res.
Last edited by Bosseye on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

dag

Post by dag » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 am

Even Chuck Norris can't power up a light over 100, man...

anesthetized

Post by anesthetized » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 pm

So what this power scrool in material atributes is for? I've got little problem- i have created light emiting sphere (mirror preset and then 100W bulb preset) within bigger glass-preset sphere. And actualy it works- it is emiting kind of light. When i copyu this model (as group) and paste in another model, the inner sphere is black :( Any ideas how to fix it?

4 posts • Page 1 of 1