SkIndigo Tutorial Problem

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
PataViisi

SkIndigo Tutorial Problem

Post by PataViisi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:32 am

I'm in VERY beginning in Indigo and this all rendering stuff and I'm already stuck with this tutorial:

Home > Indigo Manual > Indigo for SketchUp > SkIndigo Tutorial > Step 4. Add some carpet

I cant get my carpet appear anything like this.
Does anyone have every value that I have to put in the SkIndigo Material editor to get this result or some other tips to proceed?

Thanks

Whiskeykid

Re: SkIndigo Tutorial Problem

Post by Whiskeykid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 am

I was just going to post this exact same thing.

Are you having any luck? One thing I noticed is that if you can find the pdf of the same tutorial that's on the website, it has more detail in the steps regarding the setting up of a displacement map.

From what I've figured out so far, the tutorial was used in an older version of Skindigo, as the material editor window is different. I've managed to get the rug to look similar by jacking the displacement up to 3. See the attached screenshot. I can't figure out how to make the pattern look more 'random' though. It looks too tiled.

If I figure out more I'll post it here.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-02 at 10.45.05 AM.png

compadrelucas

Re: SkIndigo Tutorial Problem

Post by compadrelucas » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:20 am

upload the model so we can help you.

make sure you are working on the correct scale. displacement should be set to sketchup .01 or .02 (=1cm). the subdivision can vary. experiement on your own.

indigo will add detail depending on how close the camera and the object are.
i checked the sketchup materials and everything seems correct by default.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1