Reducing light layers

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Reducing light layers

Post by Bosseye » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Morning all,

Sorry if this is answered anywhere, I did search but couldn't see it - no doubt something deeply simple.

I have a sketchup model with 8 light layers in it. The resultant igi file is too big for Blitz on the Ranch (around 600mb) so I need to reduce it and some of you mentioned you can flatten light layers into one to do this - how?

I've put all my lights onto the same light layer, but when I render, Indigo is still showing all 8 original layers, even though everything is on layer 1.

As theres apparently nothing on these other 7 layers, does it matter that they're still being exported and showing in the light layer list, will they still bloat the igi file size? Or is there something else I have to do to get rid of them?

Again, apologies if this is a simple query

galinette
1st Place Winner

Re: Reducing light layers

Post by galinette » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:48 am

Are you sure that you do not have remaining materials using the layers, even if these light materials are not applied to any geometry?

I do not see any other explanation
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

Bosseye

Re: Reducing light layers

Post by Bosseye » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Hmmm, I don't think so, but I'll triple check. Generally I hve one light material for each light in my scene which is then on its own layer.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1