HELP Error: "SketchUP Could not find map for material named"

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
AntiDOT

HELP Error: "SketchUP Could not find map for material named"

Post by AntiDOT » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 am

Hello, I am new to indigo and new to 3D rendering (I have used sketchup for about 2years). The first few scene I have tried to render were working well. But now, every-time I try to export a scene, I get this message error: "Could not find map for material named", I have tried to change all the texture with sketchup texture and it still does the same (even with simple plain color from named-color). Please help me before I loose all the courage to learn 3D render!!

Thank you

Simon

Whaat
Developer

Re: HELP Error: "SketchUP Could not find map for material na

Post by Whaat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:20 am

AntiDOT wrote:Hello, I am new to indigo and new to 3D rendering (I have used sketchup for about 2years). The first few scene I have tried to render were working well. But now, every-time I try to export a scene, I get this message error: "Could not find map for material named", I have tried to change all the texture with sketchup texture and it still does the same (even with simple plain color from named-color). Please help me before I loose all the courage to learn 3D render!!

Thank you

Simon
Hi Simon!

Can you please zip and upload the SKP file for testing (if it's fairly small)

Do you have non-english characters in the material name? That might be the cause.
Thanks.

AntiDOT

Post by AntiDOT » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 am

Well the file is pretty big but I think you have it right about the non english character, I am using sketchUp in french and some of the materials are in french and others are in english. Should I re-install sketchUp in english? Thanks for being so quick.

L_S

Post by L_S » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 am

Hi,

I have the same problem also however all of the materials and the version of Sketchup Im using are in English. Is this a problem related to Indigo or Sketchup do you think?

I googled help for this warning message, but this Indigo message is the only other warning like it.

Thanks

Lorna

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 am

L_S wrote:Hi,

I have the same problem also however all of the materials and the version of Sketchup Im using are in English. Is this a problem related to Indigo or Sketchup do you think?

I googled help for this warning message, but this Indigo message is the only other warning like it.

Thanks

Lorna
Maybe you have odd characters in the material name. Do you have any slashes in the material name? Or other symbols. This may create a problem.

Alex Pisarev

Post by Alex Pisarev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 am

i had the same problem to find what exact textures are missing and it was hard but solution is simple :D
To find what exact textures are missing turn on the ruby console while exporting then compare existing path with needed one :roll:
ps sorry my english is not perfect :roll:
Attachments
missing.jpg
Best regards from Russia!

6 posts • Page 1 of 1