Picker doens't pick the right material! why?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
AlainBo

Picker doens't pick the right material! why?

Post by AlainBo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 am

Hello,
When I use the Material Editor and click the Pick button to get a material, sometimes it gets the texture of the inside and not the one I see and if I render the scene, it's rendered with the texture it picks and not the texture seen in SU. (Sketchup 8)

Why?

Regards,

wojtek-w

Re: Picker doens't pick the right material! why?

Post by wojtek-w » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:36 am

hi AlainBo,

1. make sure that the tip of the picker is over surface You want take material from - edge may have different material assigned.
2. if component (or group) is painted with a material not used inside of it, then indigo may render its external material. f.e. You have box with red walls, but the component (or group) they make is painted green - in that case sometimes indigo renders it green, although You see red in sketchup. It's not a rule, but i observed it few times in my models.

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 am

AlainBo wrote:Hello,
When I use the Material Editor and click the Pick button to get a material, sometimes it gets the texture of the inside and not the one I see and if I render the scene, it's rendered with the texture it picks and not the texture seen in SU. (Sketchup 8)

Why?

Regards,
I have also encountered this. It's just a minor inconvenience. Just zoom in closer on your model, pick the material, then hit "previous" camera view.

marcus3d

Post by marcus3d » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:39 am

i have the same problem, i cannot pick the right material.
i am perfectly on the object but it pick other material... why???

i don't see any "previous" camera view.
where is it???
i have indigo 3.0.12 demo version.-.-
C4d R12, W7 64bit, 12 Gb ram, Gtx590 2x1,5Gb

4 posts • Page 1 of 1