Changing the colour of an emitter?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Changing the colour of an emitter?

Post by Bosseye » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:02 am

(Moved from the general help folder as requested....)

Oi! :mrgreen: What have you lot done to the emitter colour dialogue in the material editor? It used to be a box called temperature didn't it and you just clicked on it and picked the colour you wanted and voila, your emitter would emit that colour.

Since I changed to Skindigo 2.4 exporter its called Base emission and whatever colour I pick under RGB, the box goes black and I can't render as its not recognised as a light source?

What am I doing wrong? I don't know about anyone else but I can't work out a colour from a numerical temperature value :(

Headroom
Indigo 100

Re: Changing the colour of an emitter?

Post by Headroom » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 am

I have not used Skindigo for a while (I mostly use Blendigo )but:

I believe that you should be able to change the "type" in the Spectrum Picker from "RGB" to something like "Blackbody" and as a result of that may be presented with a choice of color temperature.

Let us know how it goes.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 am

Bosseye wrote:Since I changed to Skindigo 2.4 exporter its called Base emission and whatever colour I pick under RGB, the box goes black and I can't render as its not recognised as a light source?
Hi,

If you are using the RGB emitter, you need to make sure that the magnitude is set to greater than zero or else you will get a black color I believe.

If you want to set the emitter based on blackbody temperature, set the type to Blackbody and then input the temperature.

Yes, this more complex than before, but adds much more power and flexibility (and is more consistent with other exporters)

Cheers,
Whaat

lechuck

Post by lechuck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:55 am

@Bosseye: If you change any value manually on R, G or B and them select the color bellow, it is changed. This is a bug in 2.4 version i think.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1