Skindigo problem - weird?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
mikadosan

Post by mikadosan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi,

I cannot export from Skindigo to Indigo. Why? Quick export -tab is not active and when I choose "render scene" in Skethup (Skindigo plugins menu) nothing happens. Where´s the problem? Anyone?

Best regards

-Mikadosan

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Skindigo problem - weird?

Post by Pibuz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 am

That is a strange bug you're reporting: if you've done everything properly no problems like this should arise..
Check if you don't have any previous versions of Indigo/SkIndigo already installed (this may cause conflicts).
BTW, what OS are you using? Sometimes vista causes strange behaviours, but I'm not a pro about that (always used XP: maybe Whaat can be more precise).. A screen capture wouldn't hurt (JPEG format)

smantica32

Post by smantica32 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 am

I am having the same exact problem! Please help!

Soup

Post by Soup » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Make sure the Indigo path in SkIndigo is correct: SketchUp > Plugins > SkIndigo > Set Indigo Path.
If it still fails, you can export the scene as .pigm and then open it separately from Indigo. SketchUp > Plugins > SkIndigo

smantica32

Post by smantica32 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:45 am

I've done both of those things and it still work. It is just in a few files. When I open a new file draw something and then export it, it will work. I feel like something in my actual sketch model is causing this issue.

Jia0924

Post by Jia0924 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 am

Hi,
I have just installed this software for my sketch up too.
Using MAc 10.5.8

I am not sure what it is going on here, after I click skindigo> render to render a scene done in sketch up . The indigo screen poped up , and I clicked RENDER after choosing preset of 800 x 600.
This is what I have got .( image attached).
It seemed like nothing happens,I saw tht time lapse is 29m n it is still rendering , but actually I see nothing in my screen .~!totally black?!did i miss out something?
Pls help.
Attachments
Picture 1.png

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

If it's an interior, could be that the ISO value is too low, so the image is rendered too dark. Try increasing the value while the render is still running. For you FIRST export tests, try to swith to reinhard tonemapping, which is auto-exposure, so you get if the export process goes fine and you don't have to worry about apertures, f-stops and ISO values.

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 am

smantica32 wrote:I've done both of those things and it still work. It is just in a few files. When I open a new file draw something and then export it, it will work. I feel like something in my actual sketch model is causing this issue.
This has happened to me before as well. If I open up sketchup, the default model that appears will not allow me to render. The quick export logo is grayed out. If I open up another file that I have rendered in the past, it is fine. Therefore, I cannot really create a new model from scratch. I have to open an existing one and do a save as. I just noticed this about a month ago.

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 am

Just a note that I believe the quick export button is always greyed out initially until you've actually exported using the main button at least once. Quick export just uses the same cached settings from the previous export to send the whole thing to Indigo quicker - useful if you're testing lighting etc and your meshes haven't changed between renders.

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:10 am

Bosseye wrote:Just a note that I believe the quick export button is always greyed out initially until you've actually exported using the main button at least once. Quick export just uses the same cached settings from the previous export to send the whole thing to Indigo quicker - useful if you're testing lighting etc and your meshes haven't changed between renders.
That would make sense :wink:

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:23 pm

It's greyed out because the meshes in a scene have to have been exported at least once.
When quick export is enabled the export does not include the scenes meshes but camera settings, materials etc.
This saves significant time for polygon heavy meshes.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

11 posts • Page 1 of 1