Error: Blend material tried to use non-existent material nam

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
aburda

Error: Blend material tried to use non-existent material nam

Post by aburda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:01 am

Hello,

I am running Skindigo 2.4.13 on MacOSX 10.5.8 with Sketchup 8.0.3161. I've been learning it over the last couple of days and am enjoying it. My biggest problem is that when I delete a texture from sketchup, if it is a texture I have used with Skindigo (even if it is no longer in the model) when I go to render, it starts the pre-rendering process in Sketchup and after several seconds gives me the error "Error: Blend material tried to use non-existent material named."
The main project I'm working on is now somehow corrupted such that I can't render it without getting this error. Even if I copy and paste the entire thing into a new sketchup file it will still give me the error.
A few minutes ago I downloaded Whaat's realism tutorial1_after.skp and tried to render that and got the same message.
Many thanks for any possible assistance.

Regards,

Aaron

Whaat
Developer

Re: Error: Blend material tried to use non-existent material

Post by Whaat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:16 am

Hi aburda,

Go through all your materials and look for a material of type 'Blend'. Then, make sure that the material is using valid existing materials for 'Material A' and 'Material B'.

If one of the material A or B has been deleted, then you would get such an error message.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

aburda

Re: Error: Blend material tried to use non-existent material

Post by aburda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:53 am

Hello Whaat,

Thanks for the quick reply. I found a material called 'material 2' that was blend and both of the sub material fields were blank. I deleted it and I can now render.
On a related note, I re-downloaded an untouched version of realism tutorial1_after.skp from the sketchup repository and tested it. I also got the same error there, so went through the materials and found a material 'parkett floor' that was missing a material A. I added a random material A and it now renders.
I don't know if this was a but in the tutorial or if there is something going on with Skindigo and sketchup 8 on the mac, but thought I'd let you know. Once again, thanks for the help.

Aaron

3 posts • Page 1 of 1