tryingto identify source of horizontal lines / noise

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
apson123

tryingto identify source of horizontal lines / noise

Post by apson123 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm not sure where to start with this one. I rendered this at ranch computing using sketchup -> skindigo -> indigo at which point I saved the pigs file and uploaded it to Ranch (The RANCH is currently running
with Indigo 2.4.13 (x64)). If you look at the image, you can see (especially in the shadows on the right) some weird noise consisting of many fine, horizontal lines. Like I said - this could be the fault of anything in my render chain - I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My local sketchup, skindigo, and indigo demo are all versions just updated a week ago.

PNG is attached. Thank you for reading.
line-noise.png
see line/noise shadows on right (side of "servers")

lycium

Re: tryingto identify source of horizontal lines / noise

Post by lycium » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi apson123,

Does this problem arise when rendering with Indigo on a single local machine? If you send us the scene (e.g. mail to thomas@indigorenderer.com) we can take a look at it.

apson123

Re: tryingto identify source of horizontal lines / noise

Post by apson123 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:02 pm

I will see how far I can get rendering it locally tomorrow to see if the problem still exists. I've been spoiled by the ranch, now...1536ghz is very easy to get used to :D I just need to figure out the source of the noise before I submit any more scenes.
lycium wrote:Hi apson123,

Does this problem arise when rendering with Indigo on a single local machine? If you send us the scene (e.g. mail to thomas@indigorenderer.com) we can take a look at it.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1