How to render an outside view picture,What should I notice?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
FiveAG

How to render an outside view picture,What should I notice?

Post by FiveAG » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I have a question to ask you every master.
How to render an outside view picutre like below one:
rafco_2502_med.jpg
It looks very real
but I always cannot get such result.
How can I render such real picture and What should I notice will make I get such result?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: How to render an outside view picture,What should I noti

Post by StompinTom » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:44 am

Stupid amounts of Photoshop.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:23 am

I have to agree with Tom here.
First I thought that one only had to be GOOD at rendering to achieve such images. Now I think one have to know PS very well. Indeed, you can make pictures looking like this one where everything is actually modeled, but you need a monster machine to render all of that geometry, and a lot of fantasy to put into the scene loads of random elements, some dirt and so on....
It's common use to put part of a render inside a photograph. Your ability is to make the silhouette not so visible. :wink:

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:38 am

I know because I had to get that image, and 3 others, out the door in a couple of days between a bunch of other work, so I rendered the towers with a fake environment and comped them into the site photo that was provided by the client.

FiveAG

Post by FiveAG » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 pm

In fact,Using indigo can get a good exterir result.But,the problem is how to get such real reflection and how to get such real sun light reflection? could it be said that it used Photoshop to get such sun light?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:15 am

FiveAG wrote:In fact,Using indigo can get a good exterir result.But,the problem is how to get such real reflection and how to get such real sun light reflection? could it be said that it used Photoshop to get such sun light?
Most of the reflections were dummy buildings placed around the tower to create shadows and simple reflections of the surroundings. The sunlight actually reflected off the building that way with aperature diffraction and was slightly enchanced in Photoshop.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1