Interior Lights + Sun

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
marasalas

Interior Lights + Sun

Post by marasalas » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:08 am

Is it possible to do an interior rendering with the sun light coming through the windows and the interior spot lights, or any interior lights turned on at the same time in skindigo? I've seen on your sample rendering in the front page of SKINDIGO that you have a nice sun coming through the windows and the interior lights on. I've being having trouble getting that to work and the only solution I've found is to create light shelves on the windows, but still get a cloudy day feel in the rendering.

If it is possible what render settings should I have for this. Please advice at your convenience.

Regards,
Mara

Borgleader

Re: Interior Lights + Sun

Post by Borgleader » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 am

Yes it is definitely possible, you could search the forums to see if anyone has posted "precise" light power settings but to get both sky/sun + mesh lights your Environment setting must be set to "Physical Sky & Sun" and you have to make your mesh lights a lot stronger than you would normally make them beucase if not then their power will be so insignificant compared to the sun that they dont show up.

My suggestion also would be to separate your different mesh lights on different light layers (by default sky & sun both have their individual layers) but say you have 3 different light materials you could give them 3 different layer names such as "Ceiling Lamps" ... that way you can adjust each of the layers' power while rendering using the gain slider.

Hope this helps.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Mara. Follow all of the instructions Borg wrote you, AND check if you have "camera" tonemapping in use, and not "Reinhard". Camera tonemapping acts more like a real camera (with ISO values, shutter size and speed, etc...), so if you have the basics of photography you will find it more familiar. Reinhard is a kind of tonemapping which tries to always put the image on the right exposition automatically, so very strong lights (e.g. the sun) end up to kill the weak ones.

Post some tests too, next time!

PowerMax

Post by PowerMax » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I met the same problem before, I know that recently, and the way is ----lager power. I do a tast for you.[img
The right one's power is 10000! and it bearly has light, the middle one is 20000, the left is 100000, now you can see how much power you need ?
Attachments
im1291804591.png

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 am

2000-8000 candelas would do.

When an indigo render begins, the sun power is expressed in candelas in the render log. Use a similar value for your emitting materials and finish the job by tweaking layers. For interiors you may need a fraction of this power only.
obsolete asset

5 posts • Page 1 of 1